Fred Haas Toyota Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred Haas Toyota Rant

Took my truck in for an oil change yesterday like I do every 5,000 miles. All of my oil changes and maintenance are done at this same dealership. The techs stripped my oil pan and they told me they could put in a new oil pan for $550 or drill and tap for $185. Not my problem or responsibility to replace what they damaged I told them. I have been moving up the manager ladder all day with these baboons. One manager offered to take care of the labor, oil and plug but the oil pan was on me. ($250). I laughed and asked for his manager. So the war begins...

What ever happened to customer service! If you damaged it then replace it. Rant over.

Customer Service impacts profitability... especially in your case.

Comment

That's really surprising. The plug threads are usually softer that the pan drain threads just to keep that from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
        Customer Service impacts profitability... especially in your case.
        Yep, but it can be positive or negative impact.

Comment

So what were they saying? Did they admit to stripping it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsnow View Post
            Took my truck in for an oil change yesterday like I do every 5,000 miles. All of my oil changes and maintenance are done at this same dealership. The techs stripped my oil pan and they told me they could put in a new oil pan for $550 or drill and tap for $185. Not my problem or responsibility to replace what they damaged I told them. I have been moving up the manager ladder all day with these baboons. One manager offered to take care of the labor, oil and plug but the oil pan was on me. ($250). I laughed and asked for his manager. So the war begins...

What ever happened to customer service! If you damaged it then replace it. Rant over.
            Not sure how it's any of your responsibility to pay for anything past an oil change. Would be like someone working on your car accidentally caving a fender in and then offering to pay for labor and materials, but the fender cost is on you. Customer service isn't rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              Not sure how it's any of your responsibility to pay for anything past an oil change. Would be like someone working on your car accidentally caving a fender in and then offering to pay for labor and materials, but the fender cost is on you. Customer service isn't rocket science.
              Drill and tap for $185. LMAO. Can't put a plug in a hole, but hey let's get a drill and then tap it. LMAO.

Comment

Shouldn't they have records of ALL your oil changes with them...thus confirming that it was indeed them who stripped it? ...or did you sneak away to a quickie lube a time or two?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  So what were they saying? Did they admit to stripping it?
                  They TRIED to tell me that "happens, wear & tear" to a 11 year old, 120K mile truck. I laughed and said why did my other truck with 300K never had the oil pan threads stripped? Waiting for their call back, most likely go up there after work today to have a face to face.

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Shouldn't they have records of ALL your oil changes with them...thus confirming that it was indeed them who stripped it? ...or did you sneak away to a quickie lube a time or two?
                  They have every record. As do I. (I keep every record for resale purposes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    Drill and tap for $185. LMAO. Can't put a plug in a hole, but hey let's get a drill and then tap it. LMAO.
                    Oh man, I laughed so hard when he said that to me. LMAO

Comment

Oh man, I laughed so hard when he said that to me. LMAO
                      Insane.

Comment

Went through the same thing with a local kwik lube. Ended up paying for parts, but it was an 06 with 180k that we haven’t had long.

Comment

They TRIED to tell me that "happens, wear & tear" to a 11 year old, 120K mile truck. I laughed and said why did my other truck with 300K never had the oil pan threads stripped? Waiting for their call back, most likely go up there after work today to have a face to face.

FTF is always better. Good luck.

Comment

I had to do the same thing with my superduty. "Thats normal". No, it's not. You clowns need to stop using an impact to tighten a drain plug. "okay, you are right, we will cover it".

Think about all the people they scam on this that don't know any better...

Comment

Insane. No cars on the lot, let’s break their stuff when they come in for service and charge them for it. I have zero trust for a dealership.

Comment

Working...
                              X