Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me how to cut carbon shafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have a cutoff saw, or a dremel tool, just use a hacksaw blade, and go easy with it.

I've cut several dozen GT shafts using a hacksaw blade, and it worked just fine.
    Only drawback to it was how long it took, and the reason why I eventually built me a chop saw.

Rick

Comment

I've used a small triangular file to work around lightly until it cuts through; then touch up on a piece of sandpaper.

Comment

Ive used the little hand tubing cutters before. They work, just make sure light pressure a little at a time.

Comment

Sorry Randy I just now saw this. I can cut them for you. I'm in Crockett. I have a saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
            bowhunterhelm, I do have a Dremel, but not sure I can make the arrow saw table without some plans and some better tools. If you happen to have some plans send them my way and I'll give it a shot.
            Grits
            https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

Here you go... easy to make. You dont even technically need angle... you could use anything to press the arrow against, even a strip of wood.

I have been using this for years.

I would absolutely never use anything but a high speed cuttoff wheel to cut carbon. Tube cutters are crushing your shaft... low speed devices are splintering the ends as well. Yes they work... until they don't.

Comment

Second the harbor freight chop saw, one suggestion after years of cutting high dollar graphite golf shafts, I would wrap some masking tape around the area to cut. It s easier to see the mark and graphite will splinter on you very easy.

Comment

I like the idea of using the harbor freight saw. Going to have to get one. Thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Working...
                X