Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find a used, simple back quiver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find a used, simple back quiver.

I see all these fancy back quivers... and all I am looking for is a simple, leather, hill style back quiver. I hear alot of complaints about em, so I figure some folks are looking to ditch thiers... looking for pointers.

Easy to make. Just mark once measure twice!

Comment

A couple.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ive got a Cat Quiver Ill give you if you pay freight. It seems versatile but just not to my suit...maybe to your suit.

Ill get a pic later and see if I cant find their literature somewheres.

Sorry...No leather.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-15-2020, 09:27 PM. Reason: NoCueroSpake

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
          Easy to make. Just mark once measure twice!
          http://www3.sympatico.ca/ragiwarmbea.../backplan.html
          Book marking this. Good schematic.

Actually Im kinda old school...I screen shotted three pages worth...if by chance the page disappears from the interweb.
          Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-15-2020, 09:25 PM. Reason: ActualementeSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Ive got a Cat Quiver Ill give you if you pay freight. It seems versatile but just not to my suit...maybe to your suit.

Sorry...No leather.
            If the OP is not interested in the cat quiver I am.

Thanks, Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

Sorry...No leather.
              Sending you a PM
              Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              A couple.
              I like that 2nd one... simple, and looks worn enough to hold the arrows in place against your back.

I like the idea if making my own... have the tools, just not the leather. Might have to give it a whirl when stores reopen.

Comment

Amazon!!

Comment

Not used, but soap creek has some reasonably priced. And Traditions leathercraft has some that cost a little more that look real good. I never tried a back quiver though, so like you, I am leary of spending anything on them, though i have strongly considered that Traditions one. Let us what you think after you get one

Comment

I am going to give the cat quiver a try.

I have been leary of leather quivers because of rattling and dropping arrows. However, I did some internet research and am starting to understand what is necessary for a leather hunting quiver. It can't be a stiff tube/bucket like quiver... it needs to conform to your back and essentially lay flat so that it cinches the arrows.

Falcons post about a DIY version looks promising as a route I might take to try a leather quiver. Looking at what is on amazon.. alot of those look too tube like, stiff, or just too much going on.

Comment

Cat quiver works nice, just make sure all the arrows are the same length so they stay in the quiver.

Comment

Working...
                      X