Mounts in shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounts in shop?

Anyone hang mounts in their detached shop? I am wanting to build a 40x40 basically man cave with foam insulation. What do I need to do to help the mounts last?

I would love to see some pics as well for ideas on walls and decor.

If they're beasts like in your avatar, I wouldn't put them in a non-climate controlled area. That thing is a hoss!

Comment

Euro's only unless climate controlled and the shop is well sealed.

Comment

Climate controlled

Comment

Mine has spray foamed walls and ceiling. Then we skinned the walls with plywood (5/8", maybe thicker I can't remember). Mounts all over the place, anywhere I want. And it is climate controlled.

Comment

Jason (Antlers86) has a nice little detached mancave. I’ll see if I can get him to post some pictures. I’d definitely want it climate controlled.

Comment

Definitely want climate control. Foam insulation is better than the regular insulation I did in the walls and ceiling.

I went with old barn tin for the ceiling and pine ship lap for the walls. Took an old 4x6 pole barn post out and installed the cedar post for a euro/shed tree.

This last summer I did not have HVAC system but I am installing a wall unit similar to hotel system here in the next month or so.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                Euro's only unless climate controlled and the shop is well sealed.
                This. Unless it's climate controlled, they won't hold up well.

Comment

Might want to consider getting some of the insecticide taxidermists use to treat mounts too--

Comment

Working...
                  X