No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are just a price you pay on public. My area had alot this year I had to hunt around. Just be a better hunter than the other guys. Lol

Comment

True that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I usually just put up crime scene tape and and a sign that says meth contamination area do not cross. Or you can drive a green truck and slap a sticker on the side that says Texas Parks and wildlife enforcement division.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          I usually just put up crime scene tape and and a sign that says meth contamination area do not cross. Or you can drive a green truck and slap a sticker on the side that says Texas Parks and wildlife enforcement division.
          Just so happens I just picked up a green truck. I might have to get a decal state-n TPW (Texas Person Wonder-n) [emoji3]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I've got a question that may sound kinda strange.....has anyone ever seen any Aoudad sheep at the W lake?
            I saw a ram recently, and was pretty surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by roadscholar View Post
              I've got a question that may sound kinda strange.....has anyone ever seen any Aoudad sheep at the W lake?
              I saw a ram recently, and was pretty surprised.
              I have not. But friend that fishes it all the time has seen some.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting. Wonder if it got loose from someone's game ranch. And I also wonder what ACE would think about hunting them on Corps land since Deer and pigs are the only big game animal listed to be taken. If it had a tag in it's ear, I'd let it walk. That is a sign of someone's livestock. It'd be no different than shooting someone's cattle on the place. Could mean big trouble if it has a tag. And I don't know to many people that would like to eat Aoudad anyway . On the other hand, they would robbing the local population of deer, of forage.

Comment

I was surprised, to say the least. I was duck hunting, and the first glimpse I got of the ram, he was walking down the opposite shoreline about 300 yards or so away. I just thought it was a deer at first. Then it walked into the water and started swimming toward me. I decided I should get it on video, so I got my phone out. It swam across and walked right through my decoys and up on the shore, and was standing no more than 15 yards from me. I stood up so he would see me, and he immediately ran into the woods like a scalded dog.

I didn't realize that gadwall decoys would bring in an Aoudad, lol.

Comment

Here's a pic. Not great quality, it's a screenshot of the video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6611.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	24641410

Comment

Cool! Did you certify it as a ram? Nuts? Ewes have horns also. Ewe horns don't get as big as rams.

And I've got 3-4 doz gaddy dequees.

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Cool! Did you certify it as a ram? Nuts? Ewes have horns also. Ewe horns don't get as big as rams.

And I've got 3-4 doz gaddy dequees.

Hmm....that's a good question. I just assumed it was a ram, but I didn't see nuts. From looking at other aoudad pics online, I'm leaning toward it being a big ewe, or maybe a young-ish ram.

Be on the lookout next time you throw out your gaddy dekes

Comment

Originally posted by roadscholar View Post
                            Hmm....that's a good question. I just assumed it was a ram, but I didn't see nuts. From looking at other aoudad pics online, I'm leaning toward it being a big ewe, or maybe a young-ish ram.

Be on the lookout next time you throw out your gaddy dekes

That will prob be Saturday.

Wonder if I aughta take my 14' surf rod and try to hook one with a super top-water corn-on-da-cob lure with 15/0 hooks on . Bet it'd put up a heck of a fight!

Comment

TG, tell us if he has nads.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                That will prob be Saturday.

Wonder if I aughta take my 14' surf rod and try to hook one with a super top-water corn-on-da-cob lure with 15/0 hooks on . Bet it'd put up a heck of a fight!
                                The fight really starts when you try to get it in the livewell.

Comment

Working...
                                X