Wanderlust is creeping back in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    I know how you feel. I fight lust every day!
    That doesn't seem possible when you live at the raccoon love shack feeding them wieners all day long

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
      That doesn't seem possible when you live at the raccoon love shack feeding them wieners all day long

LMFAO!! That made me lol...

Comment

Originally posted by .243 wssm View Post
        that doesn't seem possible when you live at the raccoon love shack feeding them wieners all day long

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          LMFAO!! That made me lol...
          Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          lmao

Stop it!!!

Comment

Why not travel? The wife and I rent campers and camp in National parks and hike through Zion and Ricky mountain National park and Yellowstone all while camping and slowing down to enjoy the land. It may not be hunting but I can’t afford that kinda lifestyle hunting the US.

But it’s a ton of fun out in nature enjoying the land

Comment

I get that wanderlust my self, after 30+ years of not doing same thing every day
              And now having the wife asked me to be home more often, I can’t find much serenity in being sedentary,

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                I see team driving in your future good luck
                We did for 2 years. Than we adopted my nephew's. She got off the road.
                Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                My $.02, but the grass isn’t always greener. I used to travel for work and had a pretty cool job that let me see some neat places. After a few years of traveling by yourself, it loses its luster. I got to where I longed to have a 9-5 that I saw the same familiar faces everyday. I think it’s probably human nature to feel like we are in a rut when doing the same thing too long. Maybe you can break the rut by doing something new outside of work.
                I ran the road trucking for 16 of the previous 26 years I've been in the transportation industry.
                One of the reasons I took this job was got tired of being alone.

Main reason tho was Jesus called me into repentance in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                  Why not travel? The wife and I rent campers and camp in National parks and hike through Zion and Ricky mountain National park and Yellowstone all while camping and slowing down to enjoy the land. It may not be hunting but I can’t afford that kinda lifestyle hunting the US.

But it’s a ton of fun out in nature enjoying the land
                  I tried an inside job for 2 weeks. Hated it. Couldn't see the sun.

Now I see the Son daily and the sun when it shines.

I'm an outside person

Comment

You’re on the right track, seeing the Son. Maybe connect with others seeing the same thing and start attending/getting involved in a local church. It sounds like you’re looking for something that can only be found in one place.

Comment

I understand. Try getting out away for a weekend, with or without the Wife. Turn your phone off. GRXH is a great time to do this! and it is coming up.

Before kids I used to do it fairly often. Would hit the eject button and take a 3-4 day weekend and run back to LA , turn the phone off and get lost in the marsh or bayou for a few days. Man how I miss that. Can't disconnect like that with little ones. Few hours at a time on the boat or in the woods every week helps keep the sanity.

The urge has been creeping up more and more lately with all of the family mess I have been dealing with. Really thinking if opportunity arises it may be time to pack my kids and get a fresh start back in LA so they can be closer to my family and grow up on the coast!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Stop it!!!
                        Darn it! That was the wrong emoticon; should have been .

PB, As you probably well know, life is usually full of compromises. I hope you are able to find the right balance for your home life, career, and you wanderlust.

Comment

Have you considered a mission trip Kyle?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Have you considered a mission trip Kyle?
                            I have a lot actually.
                            To where? With who?

I have a friend who has been to the Philippines 2 or 3 times. He says Americans Christianity is so watered down that American missionaries aren't taken seriously.

Now, more than ever America needs Him.

Comment

Here's wanderlust... a beautiful song, but control it or it will make you miserable... PB2, you're focusing on Him is the way to do it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDetTrYt9Q"]Berkeley Woman - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                Wanderlust?
                                Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                The desire to move, travel, not happy staying still...wanderlust

Even when PB2 uses the correct wording some still don’t understand

Comment

Working...
                                X