LEO indicted for murdering road rage suspect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO indicted for murdering road rage suspect

Need help understanding this. From reading the article, he should thanked not indicted. What am I missing?

An Oklahoma police officer was indicted last week for murder after he allegedly fired nearly 60 rounds at a road-rage suspect earlier this year.

Don't get it either-- hopefully the trial brings out the facts and justice is served. A violent felon shooting at the cops and multiple other innocents and this officer is indicted for murder?

Comment

Excess rounds? Don’t know.

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
      Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

If article correct, officer will walk. If you are justified in shooting, you may shoot until the threat no longer exists.

Comment

It is almost certainly a good charge of Murder.

He should have only shot 45 rounds, then walked up to see if she was incapacitated. Then if she would have shot him, others could have justified shooting her again.

I shouldn’t have to but I had better put a sarcasm disclaimer.

Comment

60 rounds?! Oh he definitely needs to be disciplined for wasting department resources and taxpayer money. A 5 day class in marksmanship should be adequate.

Comment

Wouldn’t have thought this would happen in Oklahoma California or Illinois sure Oklahoma seriously?

Comment

Dont pay to be a cop

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  It is almost certainly a good charge of Murder.

He should have only shot 45 rounds, then walked up to see if she was incapacitated. Then if she would have shot him, others could have justified shooting her again.

I shouldn’t have to but I had better put a sarcasm disclaimer.
                  Unfortunately, your sarcasm disclaimer is needed these days. I have a hard time telling the difference between serious comments and sarcasm sometimes now. I kept looking for one on the news story about this officer being indicted but never found one. Luckily on here I believe everyone picked up on the sarcasm.

Comment

Man if thats the whole story then its a sad day for law enforcement.
                    Glad im no longer in it.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                      60 rounds?! Oh he definitely needs to be disciplined for wasting department resources and taxpayer money. A 5 day class in marksmanship should be adequate.
                      They were driving he shot through his windshield at her.
                      Depending on speed it might have been good shooting lol

Comment

THAT was one of the most difficult reads I'm still trying to shake the whole wth off my mind?? Seriously...where is the closure, interview of judge / jurors as to cough: Why??

There had better be a feel good follow up to this story...30 rounds?? That is only 2 mags & a minute with the m16?? Why would the # of rounds mean anything vs the facts of justice??

Comment

Glad I'm not LEO

Comment

Grand Jury just sends it on down the line. I don't like it but will probably get tossed out. At least I hope so.

Comment

Crazy stupid to indict the officer. Hell even in the LTC class the instructor said shoot until you stop the threat or run out of ammo. Same should apply with LEO.

I got a good chuckle out of this persons reply on the comments section:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X