Sadly it's time to re-home some of the "Gang of Idiots"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly it's time to re-home some of the "Gang of Idiots"

This is going be a hard thing to do, but health issues are forcing me to look for new homes for six of my beagles.

I have two well behaved males that are hard hunting little hounds. Gunner and Turbo are finished rabbit dogs from field champion blood lines. They are brothers from different mothers and a team that can flat burn up a rabbit track. I'd like to see them go to someone who will hunt them and take care of them. Gunner is 4 1/2 and Turbo is almost 7 years old.

Ms Belle is almost 10 years old and one of my original rescues. She's still active, healthy and a sweet little hound who is good with children and other dogs. She is house trained and minds well. I no longer hunt her due to her age. She will make someone a nice companion dog.

Lady is 5 1/2 years old and was first raised as a pet. I've had her for about two years. She has several field champions in her pedigree and is steady on the line. She's also very sweet natured and handles well.

These last two are going to be really hard to let go.

Annie is three years old and a sweet heart. She's a hard hunting rabbit dog that is also house trained. She minds well and loves to chase rabbits. She also has several field champions in her pedigree.

Her daughter, Peanut, was born on Jan. 2, 2019 and is a bit of a wild child puppy still. I've only had her out hunting one time. She has lots of potential and will make a good rabbit dog or pet. I'd also like for these two to go to a good home as a pair.

I start all my puppies out as house pets to teach them manners and commands. I can't guarantee they won't do their business in the house but they do know better.

All my hounds are healthy and up to date on shots and worming. They are all sweet dogs and get along well with kids and other dogs.

I'll be posting up pictures later today. If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

All will be free to the right homes. They will need to be picked up at my home in Decatur.

Something I could never bring myself to do. I feel for you and know it will be tough. Hope your health issues get better. Good luck finding the right homes.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Free bump for the good puppies and future owners.

Comment

Bump for some good pups. That would be super hard to have to deal with. I hope you find the right homes!

Comment

Oh hell I hate to read this bump for some of the coolest K9s on thr Green Screen.

Comment

Would be ALL over this if I was closer, hope you get well soon sir and sorry you have to give up the pups I’m sure it’s incredibly hard

Comment

Bud our place has a bunch of bunnies but so many grass burrs I don't know if a beagle could handle it. I would love to run them out there if they would where booties to protect their feet. Our female is 11yo now and I was going to pick a pup up from you next time you were having a litter.

Gary

Comment

Sorry to hear you have to let them go, Gang of Idiots were some of my favorite threads to read for a long time. Hope your health issues are resolved soon

Comment

Free Bump to you sir... praying for better health and for great families for the pups. ^^^

Comment

Sad to hear Froggy hope they find great homes

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
                      Free Bump to you sir... praying for better health and for great families for the pups. ^^^

This. I admit just thinking of all your posts regarding Annie and peanut and the “gang of idiots” makes me a little choked up and I can’t imagine having to give them up. I’m sorry but I’m sure some on TBH will be super happy with any one of them! Prayers sent for you and for the pups. I’ll pass the info along as I’ve got three idiots myself and can’t take on anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've already had interest from two members. I'll know which ones are still available for adoption after this weekend.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Comment

Prayers for you Froggy. Hard thing to do.

Comment

Sir, I'm real sorry you need to do this!! Sure enjoy reading your "gang of idiots" threads!! I hope this health thing is just a temporary setback, though by you giving up your pups, I tend to believe otherwise... I pray God's grace and peace to you Froggy. If it can be His will to give you many more years, I pray it is so. If I was where I could run and take care of such wonderful dogs, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I grew up with Beagles and they're my favorite all time number one breed. But they need space and they need to run. I ain't got enough of either... Good luck sir and God Bless you!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Sir, I'm real sorry you need to do this!! Sure enjoy reading your "gang of idiots" threads!! I hope this health thing is just a temporary setback, though by you giving up your pups, I tend to believe otherwise... I pray God's grace and peace to you Froggy. If it can be His will to give you many more years, I pray it is so. If I was where I could run and take care of such wonderful dogs, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I grew up with Beagles and they're my favorite all time number one breed. But they need space and they need to run. I ain't got enough of either... Good luck sir and God Bless you!
                              Thank you Slick. I always enjoy reading your heartfelt prayers. I'm not one to normally share medical issues on social media. I will say it is not life threatening and the prognosis is good for recovery. Y'all can probably guess my health issue by this statement. My "taint" will soon be irradiated".

It is related to agent orange exposure in Nam. It will just take some time and limit my ability to run the "Gang" as they should be.

Every man reaches that point in life when he must realize and accept that he's not a spring chicken anymore and adjust his activities accordingly. It will be a hard thing to see my little hounds leave here but will be best for them in the long run.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

Comment

Working...
                              X