Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 blackland prairies thread, Ellis, Navarro, hill heck even north side freestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had some deer hitting feed a little more with this cold front

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
      Seen 5 doe and a 7 tonight. He was hungry more then worried about the doe.
      Had a little 8 come in that we "refueling" from chasin tail. Rut is in full swing.

Comment

Bucks were chasing pretty good this weekend. Came out this evening and not much is moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I waved at a newer blue f150 with the member arrowhead sticker on back window Saturday heading into Corsicana. Who was it?

Comment

Got stands up on my place near Italy. Tore my MCL or mm stepping down from the stand. Not bad but had to have it checked. Braced up so I can hunt ducks and pheasant this week. I'll be back out there Saturday to check cameras.

Comment

Anybody seeing anything at their feeders? My feeders have been practically abandoned for the last 3-4 weeks. Hoping this rain sours the acorns and it starts picking back up.

Comment

Feeder activity has been very slow at my place in Freestone Co. bucks have gone nocturnal for the most part. Strange year. Hoping things change in the next few weeks!

Comment

Bucks are hitting feeders and does hand corn. Very regular, day and night but bucks mostly at night. No hogs which is weird.

Comment

My corn is still piling up. Hand corn is lasting over a week in spots. Still a lot of acorns falling at my place last week. Deer are still around just never know when or where they will be. Still very little mature buck action and even the pigs are scarce.

Comment

Pulled cards Friday, bucks MIA...lots of hogs, does, and coyotes. Hopefully in the next week or so they will be done with acorns and hit food plot and corn.

Comment

Man I hope so butmid last week I still had acorns hitting the ground. Still a lot of them laying around. Way more than I have ever seen in my 3yrs out there.

Comment

We are still covered up with acorns as well. I had a buck at my feeder this morning for about 2 minutes. First deer at a feeder in weeks.

I am noticing some deer hitting hand corn thrown away from feeders though. That’s a good sign!

Comment

I’ve got doe and fawns hitting handcorn, had a few new bucks show last two weeks but nothing outstanding yet. Seems like I have recruited a lot of young bucks this yr. hoping they hang around.

Comment

Seeing a mature buck trailing single doe, second rut.

Most deer activity is at night but they are definitely around during the day, just not coming by feeders

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                                Seeing a mature buck trailing single doe, second rut.

Most deer activity is at night but they are definitely around during the day, just not coming by feeders
                                I checked cams yesterday. Still some decent activity, still lots of acorns around but I had to turn the feeder times back up. Couple new bucks and a few long time awal made an appearance or two. Hoping the activity picks up some this last mont. want to get in a few more hunts.

Comment

Working...
                                X