Grandson got it done again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandson got it done again!

Micheal was in NYC sight seeing last week. I picked him up at DFW Friday night and we headed NW to the lease.
    We got to sleep in till 8 :30 because of the heavy fog. It cleared off and we were off for his first hunt off the year. We all decided to cruise around on the mule. We passed on a really good 8 point about 10 minutes in.

His hunting Uncle's spotted a older shooter we had seen several times. We unloaded walked thru the trees and set up close to the edge of the oats. The doe the buck was on walked him right to us at 60 yards.

He was on him I clicked the safety off and "click" a misfire. I guess the reloaded shell primer was bad. I ejected the shell. The doe broke and ran off into the oats. We snuck over to that edge of the oats. We set up the tripod again and the deer was 265 yards across the field standing broad side at the fence. I told Michael put it right in the middle of his body up his front leg, breath in let it out and squeeze. Next thing was Boom and whop He ran about 75 yards jumped the fence, walked into a bush and fell over. He is now 3 for 3 on shooting deer. I was really impressed with an 11 year old shooting one at 265 yards.

He also got a hog that evening. His best work was shooting Larry. A legendary camp coon that supposedly could stand flat footed and grab corn out of th e back of the mule.

He loves the deer lease for sure. I am one proud Pops!
    Attached Files

Im 50 and have only taken 1 shot over 200 that i can remember...and i missed.
    Nice shooting little man and a great buck

Comment

Very nice. Great job!

Comment

Very nice, congrats to your grandson

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Im 50 and have only taken 1 shot over 200 that i can remember...and i missed.
          Nice shooting little man and a great buck
          Well the equipment helped. We ranged the deer and got it dialed up. The tripod sled helps a lot. The gun has a suppressor which for little ones is a must in my opinion. So it was a semi boom! He still did his job thou

Comment

Congratulations to the young man! Heck of a shot.

Comment

Dangit David you boys are stacking them up!! Congrats to Michael..

Comment

I’ve shot 100’s of thousands of bullets in my life and never beyond 250ish! Awesome job to the little man!

Comment

Awesome...

Comment

Congrats! 265 is a long way, great shot!

Comment

Congrats to the Young Man!

Comment

That's a nice one

Comment

Nice work! Congrats to him!

Comment

That's awesome. Congrats!

Comment

Outstanding shot! Congrats to the lad!

Comment

Working...