No announcement yet.

Top .270 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a old BDL out shoots my apr . And with factory reloads.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Sako A7 with the soft touch stock. Cut the barrel to 20” Don’t like anything longer than 20” it’s sub 1” with factory ammo. Slickest action bolt rifle I have.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
        Thanks for responses. All are great rifles. I would like to stay between $800 - $1000 on the price point. I plan on using it so it will be a truck gun that will be in the safe when not hunting. I am particular with my scopes and don’t like rifles not secured. Safety reasons as well. I too prefer wood on my firearms. Just wanted to see which of the over counter manufacturers had the best accuracy, action, barrel twist and triggers out of the box.
        When a more accurate over the counter value priced gun is made it will have Savage stamped on the barrel. I have custom made rifles and none of them will shoot with the two Savages I have. They may not be the prettiest but they shoot better than guns that cost thousands.

Comment

My .270 is a Savage 110, highly accurate. In your price range, I'd go with a Sako, if that's possible.

Comment

Thanks men. I will weigh options. I have a couple, but wanted to add to the fleet and get some feedback.

Comment

I've own an original Browning BAR 270 automatic and use it currently.
              Great gun and would recommend it to any one.

Comment

I am in the process of looking for a similar gun. I either want a stainless or a Cerakote barrel. I have never heard of the Bergara prior to starting this search, but so far I'm impressed with what I'm seeing. That being said, the models of Bergara's with the Cerakote barrels are priced out of our price range. That being the case I am leaning heavily towards the Tikka T3X in stainless. If I didn't require the Cerakote or Stainless barrel I'd be going with the Bergara now.

This rifle will be passed down to my boys as their first gun so I don't want to break the bank. When that happens I will be strongly considering the Bergara's or a custom rifle as my next purchase.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                  Outta the box------------- Best shooter, on the market today
                  is without a doubt, a Savage...…...
                  This^, and I was a life long Remington guy.

I do own a Remington Sendero and a Browning Medallion with BOSS, both in 270. Both are great shooters, but you can't buy them OTC anymore.

Comment

I've had a Savage model 110 for 16 years and I have yet to miss. Even out of the box it was deadly accurate.

Comment

I thought Savage was the best value on the market until I got my hands on a Bergara. I have 3 Bergara Ridge rifles that shoot under 0.3" groups with hand loads. My 6.5 shoots 7 different bullets under 0.5" with the best groups at 0.188".

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                        I am in the process of looking for a similar gun. I either want a stainless or a Cerakote barrel. I have never heard of the Bergara prior to starting this search, but so far I'm impressed with what I'm seeing. That being said, the models of Bergara's with the Cerakote barrels are priced out of our price range. That being the case I am leaning heavily towards the Tikka T3X in stainless. If I didn't require the Cerakote or Stainless barrel I'd be going with the Bergara now.

This rifle will be passed down to my boys as their first gun so I don't want to break the bank. When that happens I will be strongly considering the Bergara's or a custom rifle as my next purchase.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
                        If lack of cerakote is a deal killer for you, you can get a good cerakote job on a barreled action for around $100.

For me I shoot savages, one for me and one for my wife and both will put bullets on top of each other with the right ammo at 100 yards.

Comment

The Weatherby Mark V that my dad got has the best factory trigger I have ever felt. Very accurate also with "junk" core lokts.

Comment

Working...
                          X