No announcement yet.

Top .270 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sako. Mine is a Sako 75 Hunter and I would not part with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      You have to be a horrible shot with a rifle.
      I knew someone would have a response to that statement. LOL (Doesn't everyone take 120 yard shots with their bow. I kid.) Generally speaking, I am more accurate and successful with a bow at normal ranges (20-40) yards than a rifle at comparable distances for gun hunting. Just don't get the nerves with a bow like I do with a rifle. Maybe because I rarely rifle hunt.

Comment

Thanks for responses. All are great rifles. I would like to stay between $800 - $1000 on the price point. I plan on using it so it will be a truck gun that will be in the safe when not hunting. I am particular with my scopes and don’t like rifles not secured. Safety reasons as well. I too prefer wood on my firearms. Just wanted to see which of the over counter manufacturers had the best accuracy, action, barrel twist and triggers out of the box.

Comment

I love my Tikka T3 Hunter. The next rifle I'm going to buy is a Bergara Ridge or the Bergara hunter, my father in law has them both and is sold on Bergara now.

Comment

Tikka T3 gets my vote ... Ultra smooth bolt and crisp trigger for an OTC gun.

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
              What is the price range?

Sako and Tikka always lead the pack for me. My Tikka T3 is a legit shooter.

Next... I want a Begara.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              Same

Comment

There's a Browning White Gold Medallion with the octagonal barrel in .270 in the classifieds that absolutely gorgeous.

As a general answer, don't think you can go wrong with Sako or Tikka.

Comment

Originally posted by altez View Post
                  Tikka T3 gets my vote ... Ultra smooth bolt and crisp trigger for an OTC gun.
                  yep and a $10 spring changeout will get the trigger down to 1-1.5lb range too. Have 4 Tikkas. The 270 was the 1st one and it shot dime groups at 100 1st time out with 130gr Speer Spitzer soft point reloads.

Comment

Pretty impressive. All good information.

Comment

A bunch of good ones out there in that range.
                      Like others have said- Browning, Bergara, Winchester, Weatherby, Tikka. They all are pretty dang accurate. Go check them all out and see what you prefer

Comment

I shoot a savage .270 model 110 paired with a vortex crossfire 2

Comment

Older model Remington Sendero with the bull barrel. Have that in 270 and one in 25-06 with fluted blue barrel. Both rack drivers

Comment

Originally posted by CraigDarder View Post
                            Browning X-Bolt
                            Everyone I know with the X-Bolt loves them. I kinda like the TC Venture and the Winchester XPR for the money.

Comment

My go-to deer rifle is a browning abolt medallion 270, it’s had a little trigger work and shoots fantastic, and it loves some cheap core lokts

Comment

Remington 700 of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X