X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should polygamy be legal?

Is it "right"?

I aint that crazy to do it twice.

Should it be legal? I think you should be free to if that is the way yall want to roll.

Comment

Who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
        Who cares
        Ask your imam or pastor that question

Comment

I think it originated from when male soldiers were dying at war. And it can come into play if say your first wife is barren. There is are a good bit of rules/laws you need to follow, including your first wife approving.

You getting some competition at home Tfan?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
            Ask your imam or pastor that question
            I don't know what an imam is, but whether or not it's legal doesn't mean it has to be condoned by all religions. With that being said I don't care what other people do as long as it is consensual and doesn't affect other people.

Comment

I don't know what an imam is, but whether or not it's legal doesn't mean it has to be condoned by all religions. With that being said I don't care what other people do as long as it is consensual and doesn't affect other people.
              That's the thing, legally, marrying more than one woman is equivalent to a man marrying a man.
              It's illegal.
              As it is forbidden in the Bible.

Comment

As long as they’re paying their
                Taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  I think it originated from when male soldiers were dying at war. And it can come into play if say your first wife is barren. There is are a good bit of rules/laws you need to follow, including your first wife approving.

You getting some competition at home Tfan?
                  Buncha Mormons just got killed in Mexico so I looked into the history of Mormonism and mitt Romney's great grandad so it got me to thinking.

These guys created a religion out of thin blue air and its stuck around

Mormons first settled in Utah to avoid USA polygamy laws
                  Then in 1848 Mexico ceded Utah to USA
                  And in 1896 Utah became a state so Mormons took all their wives to Mexico

Don't sound right to me
                  Last edited by texansfan; 11-05-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                    As long as they’re paying their
                    Taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    How do you file taxes with eight wives
                    Do you get multiple head of household credits?
                    Do you take the married credit multiple times?

Comment

That's the thing, legally, marrying more than one woman is equivalent to a man marrying a man.
                      It's illegal.
                      As it is forbidden in the Bible.
                      There is a separation of church and state in this country which means that the laws of this country aren't based on any given religion. Which gives people freedom of religion.

Obviously, polygamy isn't allowed within Christianity.

Mormons allow it though.

I'm a Christian, but if a mormon wants to have multiple wives, why would I care?

Comment

There is a separation of church and state in this country which means that the laws of this country aren't based on any given religion. Which gives people freedom of religion.

Mormons allow it though.

I'm a Christian, but if a mormon wants to have multiple wives, why would I care?
                        So why do we hate on Islam so much and say this is a Christian country founded upon and based on Christian values?

Comment

The more sammiches the merrier.

Comment

Mormons allow it though.

Seriously? Why should you care how far morels in society crumble?

Why not put a crack head whore on every street corner. Just tell the Christian people to teach their kids to not bang them.

And Mormons did not flee to Mexico. A branch of Mormons may have, probably a branch of RLDS. And Mormons (regular LDS or Latter Day Saints) are not allowed more than one wife.

Comment

So why do we hate on Islam so much and say this is a Christian country founded upon and based on Christian values?
                              I try not to hate on anyone

Comment

Working...
                              X