No announcement yet.

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same report west of menard. Altough we didnt shoot any big ones we seen more good deer then ever. Chasing and fighting and even watch one bred a doe. Pretty good weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyterry View Post

Shot this big doe Saturday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That was a big doe Tony, had a head on it like a Kangaroo.

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
        Rut is in full swing. Saw two good bucks straight get after it, all the mature deer have stopped hitting feeders, and saw some mature bucks already tending does. I would say next weekend will be the heaviest activity. I guess with the cold snap it go it started earlier than normal. Between Mason and Brady.
        Saw the same between Mason and Junction. Saw the best fight between two mature bucks that I have seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
          Rut is in full swing. Saw two good bucks straight get after it, all the mature deer have stopped hitting feeders, and saw some mature bucks already tending does. I would say next weekend will be the heaviest activity. I guess with the cold snap it go it started earlier than normal. Between Mason and Brady.
          Yes it is.. It was hot and heavy Saturday..
          The number of ground scrapes on our place is INSANE!!!! In 21 years on this place I have never seen anything like it.. We always find a bunch but this year it is a 500-600% increase. If a limb is the right height it is going to have a scrape under it and some are 4 feet in diameter or bigger... Crazy..
          I think our buck numbers have finally recovered from the 2011 drought/die off....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            I think our buck numbers have finally recovered from the 2011 drought/die off....
            I've been thinking the same.

Comment

Had a great weekend at our place in Brady. I’ll Post some pics shortly. Two 14 pointers and an 18 pointer as well as mid 120s 8.

Comment

Comment

I started a thread about our weekend.

Comment

I said the heaviest activity will be next weekend but heck it might have been this weekend with the temps being lower. Next weekend it may not be as heavy with it being a little warmer. I know the bucks don't care about that when they are trying to get some but it many abuse the does to bed down earlier.

We have quiet a few mature bucks on camera, some good ones to let walk, some that are what i would call a trophy and several that need to go. Only problem is i cant kill them if they aren’t showing up lol.

SHSU18 were they not rutting in yalls area or were y’all reaching out and touching them from a distance with the bang stick?

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                      I started a thread about our weekend.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=748384
                      Well.... those are quite the bucks to say the least! I’m guessing y’all have history with these deer?

Comment

We don’t bow hunt. But they were running like crazy. I’ll have to add some pics on this thread.

Comment

Comment

Our place is low fence

Comment

Heck of a haul there. I go a quick glance of a deer yesterday that I’m almost certain had an extra main beam but i only got about a half second look before he followed his old lady off into the brush. 150 yards from my feeder and i have never seen him or got a picture.

Comment

From the looks of it y’all probably have some good duck hunting over y’all way

Comment

Working...
                                X