Drone Hovering Over Me While Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alta View Post
    There really is an enormous difference even if the FAA laws have not been updated to reflect drones (which were not around when those laws were enacted). And it will most likely take an individual challenging the law by being prosecuted for taking down a drone to enact change in this area. Our next door neighbor had a drone outside their kids window a couple weeks back. News helicopters normally don’t try to video children in their bedrooms. This is just one example of the problem and why laws need to be updated as an unmanned drone is very different than a helicopter or plane.
    The FAA updates drone laws all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Private aircraft are prohibited from flying below 500 feet without the landowner's consent. I don't see why drones wouldn't be included in this.
      That is specifically for fixed wing aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I thought they limited drones to a max altitude of 400’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        400’ and that includes 400’ over any structure. Basically anything attached to the ground is part of the ground. So if a building is 150’ tall, the drone can fly 400’ over it or 550’ over the actual ground level.

Comment

I would shoot it down as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t know how that arrow hit that thing

Comment

That’d be hard to not shoot it down. Doubt it was the first time it’s been over that feeder

Comment

Where there is a Will.....

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                If you're not shooting from the front then they can't prove ****. It was probably a poacher that shot it down.
                There is a WAY!

Sound theory Mr Pool!!

Comment

I would not hesitate to shoot it down. I will deal with the legality later if I have to do so.

Comment

Working...
                  X