Lighted nocks: Pros/cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted nocks: Pros/cons?

I am considering trying lighted nocks because I have a bad habit if not following the arrow with my shots. Who has used them? Best brand? Benefits? Thanks for the feedback.

I like them to see what my arrows are doing in flight. I liked the clean shot nocks.

Comment

I like nocturnals, as they're the onlye ones I've used. Only con I can find is that you can enter a deer in the P and Y books if you use them. That may have changed, I don't know. I've seen no change in my arrow as I use them when sighting in as well.

Comment

I use them bc I can find my arrow very easily after shooting at an animal. This allows me to inspect the arrow to determine if I hit or missed. If I hit, what does the blood look/smell like. Gives one a good starting point, I highly value them. I used to look forever to find arrows, not anymore!

Comment

Just started using Nocturnals a few weeks back. Like being able to see flight of the arrow better. I have only shot targets with them so far, but no negatives yet

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
            I like nocturnals, as they're the onlye ones I've used. Only con I can find is that you can enter a deer in the P and Y books if you use them. That may have changed, I don't know. I've seen no change in my arrow as I use them when sighting in as well.
            How would they ever know unless your a tv host in which most of those are HF an Boone and Crockett don't recognize them anyway...

Comment

No real technical draw back other than they straight rob FOC. I really don't need light as a visual indicator of arrow flight. If I want to see how my arrow is flying I just watch it ....... Which I do all the time........ Without fail.

Comment

Nocturnals have been good to me over the years. They are great for filming your hunts. But also so you can see your shot placement. Helps you see & determine whether you're going to recover game normally or if you need to give more time and pull out on a less than perfect shot.
                Lighted nocks also help you find your arrow after a pass through to inspect it & check for blood. And, on a non-pass though, the deer/hog will run off with your arrow. When the arrow breaks & you find it, it gives you a direction of travel.
                Hope that helps.

Comment

I bought these and like them. I got them off of GS two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                    No real technical draw back other than they straight rob FOC. I really don't need light as a visual indicator of arrow flight. If I want to see how my arrow is flying I just watch it ....... Which I do all the time........ Without fail.
                    What he said :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrunner06 View Post
                      http://shop.tgbarchery.com

I bought these and like them. I got them off of GS two years ago.
                      What's your thoughts on them?

Comment

Nocturnals all the way. They are arrow size specific so figure out which size you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                          If you can enter a deer in P&Y, why would that be a con?
                          P&Y allows them now.

Comment

I like them for hogs but then I do all my hog killing at night--with deer I can take 'em or leave 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              What's your thoughts on them?
                              They fly straight and are bright. just makes it easy to find arrow

Comment

Working...
                              X