No announcement yet.

"Flea Trap"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is awesome im gonna set up a few stands and kill some fleas tonight i hope it works our fleas in kerrville have been horrid this year even with all the freezin weather . nice fish by the way

Comment

Does anyone know where can I get the Bayer tree and shrub from? I have tried all kinds of stuff so far this year and it seems I have bionic fleas cause nothings slowing em down.

Comment

I don't know about the Bayer stuff, but I learned that I don't need it, and here's why:
        I went to the vet and asked what he recommended, telling him about all the trouble I've been having with Frontline working for a week or so and the fleas are right back. He told me that he has been getting that complaint from almost all of his clients, so he stopped carrying Frontline and switched to another med that is applied the same way, but has a different chemical, can't remember what it's called though. He said he also had another option if that med didn't work. I tried the new med that he had, it worked for about 2-3 weeks, and at the same price as Frontline (or pretty dang close), I wanted something that worked for AT LEAST the month that it's supposed to, so I went back and got the third option. It's a pill that you give the dog. Cost is about 16 bucks per pill, or you can get 6 at a time and save some. That stuff works wonders. It's supposed to last a month, but the first dose lasted my dogs 6 weeks. The same day I bought the pills, I went to Home Depot and got a gallon of Ortho Home Defense Max, treated the exterior of my house as well as the baseboards and under all the chairs/couches. No more flea problems. I did, however, find out that if you have a peir and beam house, like I do, they will nest under the house. I got attacked while running some wires a couple weeks ago, but a couple of bug bombs tossed under the house solved that.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check with my vet bout the pills and i found the bayer tree and shrub at Home Depot. Also got some DE. I'm gonna try a few combos and see what works best for the yard but will definately try the pills for my dogs.

Comment

fleas

Just for your information, Garlic and onions are toxic to dogs, it thins there blood and can cause internal bleeding. One feeding of onion rings can kill a dog. So if you value your dogs don't feed them any garlic or onion powders.

Comment

Why the hate for the flea...........

Anything you can broadcast on your lawn will work the best ,as spot applications work in some areas and none in others. If you do broadcast make sure pets and kids are not exposed for a couple of days.

In my former job, we made Malathion for ag usage and I have used it with a lot of success, but please follow the directions, more is not always better, and that goes for all chemicals.
              Last edited by fleaboy; 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

save your self some time and go get the flea powder for carpet it works great and cheap

Comment

I agree with lovetohunt, Beneficial nematodes eat them and their eggs to stop the cycle. You can buy them at most nurseries.

Comment

WE had our first flea problem on the second weekend of last years deer season. I went to walmart at 2 in the morning to get spray bombs to spray our house. We live in the country on 5 acres but my neighbors house is on 5 acres as well and their house is 150 ft. from my house. They want fresh eggs and bought 8 chickens that they let roam anywhere during the day. The chickens were coming around my house and my shop where it was sandy and dusting themselves. My cats , which we have had for 10 years have never had a flea problem until the chicken showed up around my house. I found out on the internet that chickens carry fleas and mites and confronted my neighbor about it. He has kept them off my propert since then but they still roam his yard daily, so I can only imagine how may he has in his house since his dog is in and out of the house all the time.We were vacuming the house everyday to try and help getting rid of them. Haven`t had any problems since the chickens stay off my property.

Comment

Fireguy, you have a pm.

Comment

Love to hunt nailed it. I went to Fleabusters.com, ordered six million nematodes (cost about $70.00) and sprayed em in the backyard. Those little suckers kick arse and take names on the fleas. I was skeptical until I tried em last year. This year I doubled my order and viola! No fleas.

Comment

anybody end up trying this?

Comment

Comfortus is the name of the pills. best flea product I have ever used.

Comment

Originally posted by Brushpopper View Post
                              X2 to all the above
                              agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X