What Body are you running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Body are you running?

Been a while since every one has posted up what they are running these days. I’m getting into the photography world just to tinker and play at the farm. Right now I have a Cannon T3 but almost got my funds right for the 5D mark IV. Picked up the understanding exposure book as well

I just switched to a 5D3 from my 60D and it’s a whole new world of learning the camera. I’ve been playing with it and watching videos for a couple months, but still haven’t gotten used to it. Changing to a true professional camera is a big upgrade and my pictures have turned out awesome, just takes me a little longer to capture than it used to. I love it though and know I’ll get faster with more time behind the lens.

Comment

I just swapped out the 5D Mark IV for a Canon EOS R Mirrorless. Jury is still out on whether I like it as much as the 5D4 for still photography, but I will say that the video is pretty amazing on this sucker. It's definitely a heck of a lot smaller and lighter, and that is a pretty good perk as well for hiking it around.

Comment

Originally posted by ATX Tyler View Post
        I just swapped out the 5D Mark IV for a Canon EOS R Mirrorless. Jury is still out on whether I like it as much as the 5D4 for still photography, but I will say that the video is pretty amazing on this sucker. It's definitely a heck of a lot smaller and lighter, and that is a pretty good perk as well for hiking it around.
        I've read some opinions that the mirrorless will be the camera of the future. thinking of adding one to my stash...

Comment

Im running a 5D mkIV for photo and a 90D for backup photo/video. The 90D is incredible for battery life and the ability to shoot 120p in HD, something only the 1DX MKii and iii can offer, and has impressive stats for photos as well. Plus I can use a few of the EF-S lenses that I still have laying around.

I've considered picking up an EOS R, but figure I'll wait until Chongo gets tired of his and pick it up on the cheap

Comment

Canon sucks but Nikon

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Nikon 4DS and Df for the last six years. Love the sensor in them. They have plenty of life left, so I don’t see replacing them anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Canon sucks but Nikon

Sierracharlie out…

Lol. Have it narrowed down to Sony, Nikon and Cannon

Comment

I’m kidding but I do run Nikon. I have a mid level body that I want to upgrade badly just has not been a priority

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

A couple of years ago I standardized and went all Nikon on all three of my cameras. The control settings are all very similar, so adjusting is faster rather than trying to shift from one brand to another with using multiple cameras.

Comment

I am still running my Nikon D700 full frame body. As much as I would love to upgrade, it renders such great images it is hard for me to replace it with a new one, especially for what the new bodies cost these days at the higher end.
                      I have kind of fallen away from the latest technology, such as mirrorless, so I am not sure what I would be getting besides a lot higher megapixels and video, which my D700 does not have.

Comment

I'm running a 74-y.o. 1946 model.

Just kidding---mine is a full auto, Canon SX60HS Too old and forgetful to use anything but AUTO mode or Macro.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                          I am still running my Nikon D700 full frame body. As much as I would love to upgrade, it renders such great images it is hard for me to replace it with a new one, especially for what the new bodies cost these days at the higher end.
                          I have kind of fallen away from the latest technology, such as mirrorless, so I am not sure what I would be getting besides a lot higher megapixels and video, which my D700 does not have.

I completely agree!! I now prefer the comfort of an “old friend” that I know exactly where everything is located and how to get to it quickly, than the latest and greatest on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                            I've considered picking up an EOS R, but figure I'll wait until Chongo gets tired of his and pick it up on the cheap
                            You'll be waiting a while!

I've got a 5DS R and recently picked up the EOS R. The 5DS R's resolution is amazing! I've tried mirrorless before (Fuji) and didn't like the body/ergonomics but I love the EOS R. Ergonomics are familiar, articulating touch screen is awesome, I've really got zero complaints. I've been watching and waiting for the EOS R5 but cannot justify the cost and I have zero need for 8k or even 4k video. So, I bought a 1DX MKII used from Adorama today.

Comment

I rock the Dad bod. Seems to be good for me. As nowadays it's a fashion statement.

Comment

Working...
                              X