Moving to htown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to htown

So my wife is for sure getting transferred. Need to know what areas to stay away from. Also any tips on what to do about child care will be nice too. Moving away from all our family. Got a few freinds there but they all work too. Thanks for the help!

What part of town will she be working in?

H Town is like any big city and you need to keep your head on a swivel all the time.

Comment

What part of town will she be working in?

Comment

What part?

Comment

Stay away from Houston

I'm looking forward to moving away from town. There's a lot of nice places to live here. Just try to make the commute easier by proximity.

Comment

I would make sure you do your due diligence if you are going to purchase real estate in Houston right now. From what I have read, the area is ripe for a bust in the near future. You might not want to buy at today's over priced market, so I would just make sure you look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              I would make sure you do your due diligence if you are going to purchase real estate in Houston right now. From what I have read, the area is ripe for a bust in the near future. You might not want to buy at today's over priced market, so I would just make sure you look into it.

Have a link to the story about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post

I have a few friends in real estate and a few that builds custom homes. We have a strong market out here and will for awhile. Even with the low oil prices the refineries are still expanding and hiring. Please let me know where you are getting your info from.

Comment

Originally posted by johnspencer View Post
                  So my wife is for sure getting transferred. Need to know what areas to stay away from. Also any tips on what to do about child care will be nice too. Moving away from all our family. Got a few freinds there but they all work too. Thanks for the help!
                  I can offer no answers as I despise Houston, but you will be a lot closer to the coast!

Comment

As stated already when you say Houston it's a big place with several different diverse communities. There are several opportunities and allot to do so keep your head up and alert and make the best of it. I lived there 34 years prior to retiring and moving to a quieter area. Good luck to you and your families new adventures ahead.

Comment

Just west of the aquarium doesn't town.

Comment

And I'm going to like being closer to the coast. 10-12 hrs away as of now with 2 little ones.

Comment

I'm partial to the south side of town, I guess mainly because that's where I grew up. Anywhere south of clear lake is pretty nice, League city has grown up like crazy. We live in Santa Fe, in between Houston and Galveston. Its smaller town type living, yet still plenty close to the big city of Houston.

Comment

The downtown Aquarium?

What is your budget?
                            Last edited by JHT; 08-19-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

smack dab in the middle of Houston lol

Comment

Working...
                              X