Which size meat grinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which size meat grinder?

I'm looking to start processing our own deer now and wondered which grinder y'all like or use? Also, what size grinder would y'all recommend for 4-5 deer/year plus the occasional use to grind $3.50/lb Ribeyes into hamburger . Ok, maybe not ribeyes, but when the good cuts go on sale, i'd like to make my own hamburger rather than buy the burger made in the store out of meat from 100 different steers.

I'm looking at the 3/4 HP LEM but will go smaller if it'll do what I need.

Thanks.

I have the $100 grinder from northern tool and it does a great job.

Comment

As big as you can afford

I have a 3/4hp Cabelas brand and it does good

Comment

I have that model and love it. Got kinda lucky. It was on clearance. It had a big dent in it and a hole in the box. Took it back to academy which did not have anymore so they sent me to one south austin. I got the newer model for the clearance priced one which was a little over 100 bucks off. Anyhow. That size will work great for you IMO. I was looking at the 1/3 and from my research that size was enough for the 3-4 deer a year processing. Atleast all the reviews I read. Which was a lot.

Comment

I have the 1 HP #22 and love it. Might be a little overkill but it makes my processing go VERY fast. I also got the tenderizer that mounts to it and like it as much and use it as much as the grinder. If you plan to make a lot of sausage go ahead and get a vertical stuffer too. Now that I have good equipment I realy enjoy processing game and other stuff.

Comment

mine is a 300watt motor about 5yrs old, chews it up fine, price then 100.00;

Comment

I have a #32 Chop Rite that is made in America. We have it mounted on a stand and we use a 3/4 horse electric motor with a light switch to turn the grinder on and off. We can grind a bunch of meat in little time. We have tried the cheaper brands but you get what you pay for. It also comes with the sausage making tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                I have the $100 grinder from northern tool and it does a great job.
                That's the one I use also. I've had it for three years and no problems yet. I did buy a separate stuffer this past season. They run them on sell now and then for $79. I may pick up an extra next time I see them on sale just to have a spare in case mine dies in the middle of sausage making day. It's already more than paid for itself in processing fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  I have that model and love it. Got kinda lucky. It was on clearance. It had a big dent in it and a hole in the box. Took it back to academy which did not have anymore so they sent me to one south austin. I got the newer model for the clearance priced one which was a little over 100 bucks off. Anyhow. That size will work great for you IMO. I was looking at the 1/3 and from my research that size was enough for the 3-4 deer a year processing. Atleast all the reviews I read. Which was a lot.

Comment

I have the 1 hp LEM #22 grinder. I bought a refurbished one directly from LEM. Saved over $150 BPS price, it still has a two year guarantee. It works great makes quick work of a deer, almost makes you want to have more meat to grind. Good luck.

Comment

Cabelas 1hp #22 and it does great. Never clogs ang makes quick work of a deer

Comment

Working...
                      X