No announcement yet.

Anchorage AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drive to Valdez was the highlight of our trip.

Comment

If your going to Dawson City ride the ferry across the Yukon and drive the Top of The World Highway. I just got back from doing it on a motorcycle and it is heck of a nice ride. You'll see why its called the Top of World because you sure feel like your on top of it.

And you probably already know but no handguns period. Canucks are not handgun friendly.
      Last edited by farfel; 07-26-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

But Alaska is handgun friendly and open carry.
        My brother and I both carried last year and we flew in to Anchorage from Austin.
        Luckily the Grizzlies we saw were a way off.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
          But Alaska is handgun friendly and open carry.
          My brother and I both carried last year and we flew in to Anchorage from Austin.
          Luckily the Grizzlies we saw were a way off.
          He was referring to the Canadians if you do the YUKON into their country.

Comment

Get plenty of mosquito repellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              He was referring to the Canadians if you do the YUKON into their country.
              Maybe I should of said it differently, but that's what I meant.
              That's why I said "But Alaska". LOL

Comment

And me too. Just meant in Canada.

Comment

Good burger joints are The White Spot or Arctic Roadrunner. Neither are fancy places but great food if you need something fairly quick. The White Spot is really small so sometimes it can be tough to find a place to sit down.

The Top of the World highway is amazing. Seward is a nice day trip from Anchorage. All sorts of things to do. The sea life center is fairly expensive but that's Alaska. Portage is good as well. I feel like Alyeska is the hippy hang out but that just me.

If you are into hiking there is a book called 50 hikes in Anchorage or something like that. It has great day hikes and longer hikes as well. If you get away from people make sure you pick up some bear spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh take a look at the train schedule. That may be the best option to get you down to Seward. Also allows you to just sight see and not drive. The Seward highway can be dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                      We are going to Denali, Fairbanks, Dawson City, Whitehorse, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan and end in Vancouver. It's a family trip with all women except me and my brother. My wife and I have some excursions booked, some river rafting trips and a snorkel trip and me and my brother will most likely do some fishing. This is a trip my folks were going on a few years back but my dad passed so now we are taking my mother, along with other family members.
                      You really should visit Talkeetna on the way to Denali. It's about 14 miles out of your way. Turn right at about mile post 100 on the Talkeetna Spur Road.

Comment

You may want to have lunch or dinner at Humpy's in downtown Anchorage while you are awaiting the arrival of the rest of your group. You will have fun no matter what you do.

Comment

If you want to fish, Ship creek should still have some kings and maybe some early silvers right in downtown Anchorage. You'll know if they're catching much by the crowds. Most people throw flies and lures at low tide and eggs under a bobber at high tide. You won't slaughter them, but you might land a fish or two.

Comment

Working...
                          X