Sometimes I hate vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I hate vehicles

06 hummer h3 throws a code for something once a year at this point. I got it with 30k miles and manual transmission so i was happy, but dang. I know its 14 years old at this point but sometimes just cant beat it lol.

First year i bought it, it threw a code for a common sensor. Ended up changing all 3 of these quick guys and it still had it. Ended up being a part named 3 different things that mo one guesses for that. Did it myself, was good.

Two years later code for extra air in intake. Knew it was probably intake gasket, but the shop said they didnt see any leaks when they went to do the smoke test. So replaced the exhaust manifold (caused by 02 sensor on the manifold). Still throwing codes and lo and behold they finally found the leak, small as it was, was the intake gasket.

This year its thermostat. After some finger gymnastics, got it changed. After taking it to the lake for some kayaking, code cleared. Take it to get inspection junk done, apparently throws a code for the 2 sensors mentioned in that first year lol. Of course they said it hesitated to start, so not sure there, could just be bad battery terminal on start but I'm pretty tired of it being one thing or another with random little stupid sensors.
    Last edited by Hooverfb; 06-30-2020, 10:50 AM.

All part of driving older vehicles, but it sure is nice when there's no payment due on the first!

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
      All part of driving older vehicles, but it sure is nice when there's no payment due on the first!

Or buy a new vehicle, have the payments set for the 15th and you still won't have to worry about the payment on the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post

Agree. All of those seems like minor inconveniences. Sure as heck beats a monthly payment on a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Relax and just be glad it wasn't made by ford, chrysler or Toyota

Comment

Sounds like you need to get a bicycle!

Comment

or you could buy one even older that does not have the ability to throw a code at all.

Comment

Ah, for the old days and my '69 VW Beetle - - -

Comment

Just had my sons 06 H3 inspected. I knew the 3rd brake light was out last year and decided to fix it. There is no bulb and the replacement unit is $165-200. No options. So I decided to buy 2 4inch red 12volt LEDS with sticky. I pulled back unit off, stuck both on the light and tied into wires. Worked great. Have less than 10 bucks in this fix. PAssed inspection today. I do hate working on cars though.

Comment

A Hummer?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                      A Hummer?
                      Chill Razor------ it has nothing to do, with your cousin...…..

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                        Chill Razor------ it has nothing to do, with your cousin...…..
                        You made a funny, I have a good come-back, but I'll be nice.

Comment

a manual hummer H3?? never heard of that...….kinda cool tho

what motor?

Comment

Originally posted by mike d View Post
                            agree. All of those seems like minor inconveniences. Sure as heck beats a monthly payment on a new one.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                            x1000

Comment

My wifes car has a belt chirping. Took a look at it yesterday and holy crap! You have to take the motor mount off because the belt goes all the way around it.

Comment

Working...
                              X