Trailer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer Help

Going to get a new trailer and decided on a 16’ tandem axle but was wondering if a dovetail is an option people like? I will mainly be hauling my Mule 4010 Trans and a riding mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they’re useful on a flat deck because they don’t have fenders and the trailer is taller.
    Not so much on a bumper pull with fenders because they’re lower already.

Comment

I would rather have ramps or a fold down gate. You get the full 16' flat deck for whatever you are hauling and don't have to worry about dragging the back of the trailer nearly as much.

Comment

With a trailer that low I wouldn’t want a dovetail for UTV hauling. They drag ground way too easy, and I know the places I take my UTV aren’t the most forgiving.

Comment

I found they are really good at leveling dirt where you pull off the road. I ended up trading away the only dovetail I ever owned because of that. Mine was a lowboy, but I won't own another one unless it's a deckover.

Comment

You do not want a 16' dovetail lowboy.

Comment

I am looking as well anybody knows someone selling one reasonable. Would like 18'.

Comment

I just bought a 16' dovetail and I like it.

My cousin just bought a 14' in Conroe. I'll get him to comment with some pics.

If you're getting it just for your UTV or lawnmower a 14ft will work just as good. I don't have any locations that i will be dragging the bottom of it.

Comment

Trailer Help

I recently did the axle flip lift kit on my 14' due to the dove tail dragging too much ground in my travels.

Sits good now.

But no, I would rather not have the Dove tail for my needs.
                  Last edited by DaveC; 05-26-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Looks like I will be getting a 16’ flat trailer with 4’ long gate. I appreciate the help

Comment

Looks like I will be getting a 16’ flat trailer with 4’ long gate. I appreciate the help

Comment

Working...
                      X