Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers Please - 2018 aint starting off well.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers Please - 2018 aint starting off well.

I try not to bother anyone with this stuff very often, as so many people are having difficulty in life, such as we are. And many on this forum have posted about their pain and troubles in recent days.

But.... 2018 has not started off very well, and its adding up to a pretty horrible time right now for my family. Honestly and selfishly... Im starting to look for a break at some point.

My Dad passed at the tail end of 2017 the same week my Grandmother had a debilitating stroke, she has yet to recover from.

My wife Amy's dad passed away about 3 weeks ago. My wife then fell and shattered her ankle the day before her dads funeral.

My Sister in Law's, Sisters, 17 year old son committed suicide, just a week ago.

And now, someone very dear and close to me, my cousin Brandi is passing away very soon from ALS. She's only 40 years old, has a 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son. We knew this could happen one day, as my Aunt Kaleen (Brandi's mother) became afflicted at 51 and passed away after her 18 month battle with ALS.

I can handle a lot, and I understand death is part of life. Heck, I've seen more death in 24 years on my job than I care to remember.

Im just not sure I've ever seen something more horrible than ALS and what it does to a person.

I was in the house with my Aunt and by her side the day she passed 15 years ago. Brandi was right there with her mom as well, and it was a horrible time.

As I type this Im heading back over to the SAME house, to watch my wonderful cousin pass from this same shi** disease. I know it will all be ok and its in God's hands. But daum......

Prayers sent. Hang in there brother. It may not seem like it, but it will get better.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent for your family

Comment

Prayers for you and your whole family at this very difficult time.

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

God bless!

Comment

Prayer for calmness n your family’s life’s.

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

I can't imagine brother. Prayers for you.

Comment

Chris, there is evil in this world, no doubt. Things like this just test us to our limits sometime, and I for sure don't have all the answers, heck even any answers... I can tell you this without a doubt however, we have a God that loves each and everyone of us and it is not His desire that any of us should fall. You lean on Him, and He will hold you. Importantly, just do what you can to make sure those you love also know The Lord as Savior and the very instant they take their last breath here on this earth, they will be more alive than ever in the presence of God through his Son Jesus Christ. Chris, that is our Hope, and it is through faith that this Hope becomes reality. Read His Word, meditate on it day and night. Make it a part of your very being, and It will give you a peace that is beyond understanding.

I pray for peace, comfort, and a break for you sir!

Comment

Prayers sent for peace and strength.

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Working...
                              X