"IT"Has Frozen Over!!!!😄

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"IT"Has Frozen Over!!!!😄

I went to Bow Pros here in Fredericksburg and the gentleman in the shop convinced me to shoot the new Mathews Halon. Most of you that know me know I have only shot a High Country bow since 1989. I have shot very few new ones either.
    I shot the Halon 6 set at 29" and 63#'s and I will describe that experience in one word:

WOW!

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    I went to Bow Pros here in Fredericksburg and the gentleman in the shop convinced me to shoot the new Mathews Halon. Most of you that know me know I have only shot a High Country bow since 1989. I have shot very few new ones either.
    I shot the Halon 6 set at 29" and 63#'s and I will describe that experience in one word:

WOW!
    Sweet, now go shoot an Elite, a Bowtech, and a New Breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      Sweet, now go shoot an Elite, a Bowtech, and a New Breed.
      Going too. Will make the drive to CCR and shoot them all.

Comment

Lots of excellent bows out now, its almost cheating!

Comment

That's good news Doug! My wife says when it freezes over I get breakfast in bed!!
          Last edited by Dc78; 03-17-2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Tell her for sure it has frozen over or the world is ending. When would you think I would like a Mathews!!!!!!

Comment

Cats sleeping with dogs.....this is a sign that the Yellowstone super volcano is about to blow....

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                Cats sleeping with dogs.....this is a sign that the Yellowstone super volcano is about to blow....
                A very distinct possibility. Everyone better prepare!!

Comment

I shot the halon6 the new no cam a hoyt defiant bunch of elites the defiant is what i chose go Shoot every bow you can

Comment

Originally posted by El suave View Post
                    I shot the halon6 the new no cam a hoyt defiant bunch of elites the defiant is what i chose go Shoot every bow you can
                    Yes I know. Owned a shop and been doing this since 1971 so I need to go to Cinnamon Creek to have the possibility of shooting as many different bows as possible.

Comment

"IT"Has Frozen Over!!!!

It's a nice bow man, very popular for a reason! There are so any quality bows on the market right now it can make it hard to choose. Shoot a few Elites as well Doug, I swear my 35 makes me shoot better than I really do.
                      Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 03-17-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

New bows are fun!!

And expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          New bows are fun!!

And expensive...
                          Yes they are! Not sure if I can pay $1000 for just a bow although I have the clearance from my better half!

Comment

only high country since '89...News Flash! You've been frozen forever already. Time to thaw out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by orlybow View Post
                              only high country since '89...News Flash! You've been frozen forever already. Time to thaw out a bit.
                              Not sure that can be done. 510 grain arrow at 270 fps with a 29" draw and 70#'s that to me is a smooth draw, holds well and is quiet and has killed a ton of critters does not bode well for spending $1000 for a new bow. I may be proven wrong and only shooting newer models will tell. Right now, even though the Halon as nice, not a $1000 nicer!

Comment

Working...
                              X