Thieves - R - Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thieves - R - Us

So I am looking to buy a new/slightly used 4Runner... After some searching and talking to a stealership I find one with 4500 miles that I can stomach buying. Price was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I figure I will see if I can get them down a bit.

• Hidden fees
    • Lots of lies
    • More lies

I get there and look at the vehicle to which they can't find keys. I decide I will look at a few new ones while I wait on the keys. I liked what I saw in the used one enough to get a "written" price quote

Price on paper quoted is more then what I was told even with 5K down. Obviously some of that is TT&L but WTH? Here is where more lies start flowing.

I point out that I was quoted a lower price already than what is on paper. So I get the we didn't realize this was actually a 2020 model when the initial quote was given. Used car manager screwed up so this reflects the actual price.

I point out a fee that's like $1600 bucks and inquire as to what that is for. I am told its for an anti-theft/security device that will allow for vehicle tracking if stolen. Every car gets this and 98% of stolen vehicles with this item are tracked down within 20 minutes is the reply.

So I ask was this not charged to the guy that initially purchased this vehicle. No, I am told this just started recently so since the vehicle was initially purchased in December this vehicle just got it. Maybe the tech that installed this has the keys since we still can't locate them. Apparently, there is a guy who's only job is to install these devices.

What a freaking ordeal. Hate is a wrong but I don't want to be right so I hate car dealerships and car sales people. Rant over.

Maybe pay extra for keys tracking device, hate dealers too

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      So I am looking to buy a new/slightly used 4Runner... After some searching and talking to a stealership I find one with 4500 miles that I can stomach buying. Price was a bit more than I wanted to spend but I figure I will see if I can get them down a bit.

• Hidden fees
      • Lots of lies
      • More lies

I get there and look at the vehicle to which they can't find keys. I decide I will look at a few new ones while I wait on the keys. I liked what I saw in the used one enough to get a "written" price quote

Price on paper quoted is more then what I was told even with 5K down. Obviously some of that is TT&L but WTH? Here is where more lies start flowing.

I point out that I was quoted a lower price already than what is on paper. So I get the we didn't realize this was actually a 2020 model when the initial quote was given. Used car manager screwed up so this reflects the actual price.

I point out a fee that's like $1600 bucks and inquire as to what that is for. I am told its for an anti-theft/security device that will allow for vehicle tracking if stolen. Every car gets this and 98% of stolen vehicles with this item are tracked down within 20 minutes is the reply.

So I ask was this not charged to the guy that initially purchased this vehicle. No, I am told this just started recently so since the vehicle was initially purchased in December this vehicle just got it. Maybe the tech that installed this has the keys since we still can't locate them. Apparently, there is a guy who's only job is to install these devices.

What a freaking ordeal. Hate is a wrong but I don't want to be right so I hate car dealerships and car sales people. Rant over.

The tracking is BS . They tried to pull that crap on me . It don’t track the car . They put stickers and etch the glass .

Comment

No dealership-------------loses keys.................
        RUN !!!
        RUN !!!!!!
        RUN !!!!

Comment

That is why I pay for auto theft on my insurance policy. If it gets stolen. I get paid.
          Don't fall for predatory salesmen. You did well.
          Shop online for a car if at all possible. Much easier process.

Comment

Walk away and find a better deal / more honest salesman

Comment

Had a dealer try to sell me the same thing, some kind of "Apex" gps tracker, that "is on all the cars." You get the first year free then its a subscription. Then you look at the apex site and its an inventory management system for dealers, they are passing the cost on to you. Why can't I just buy a car without all the BS?

Comment

Thieves - R - Us

It’s difficult because you are shopping used and won’t be able to compare apples to apples between stealerships. This tactic always works well for me, I purchased a 2019 tundra in 9/18. I went to the biggest dealership in my area and spoke to multiple people and though they weren’t able to come down much on sticker, they gave me more for my trade and also removed fees to get me committed. I spent 2.5 hours there and left with a written quote. I went to a much smaller dealership a week later and found a new salesman. Walked in and gave him the written quote and told him if they could beat it by $500 I will sign right now. Left 1hr later in my 2019 TRD 4x4 sport for $6,000 under sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

After recently dealing with a machine we had stolen that was equipped with gps, I would tell them to throw it in for free or take it off. It won't help you at all unless the thief parks it on the street for everyone to see.

Comment

I know for a fact Toyota dealers will lie.

We bought a used camry, a 2012 model, in 2015. 26,000 miles, very clean. From #Family Toyota in burleson.

Against my better judgment, we bought an extended service agreement, for $1,541.
                    7 year/ 100,000........ from date of purchase. Ask him 3 times, from date of purchase. He originally quoted $3,000.. I said no, immediately dropped it to $1,500.
                    Should have seen the [emoji626]

Last week, took it in for an issue, was told the service agreement expired in 2018.

WTH???

They stated it started on the day the car was made, NOT date of purchase.

Then, charged me $250 to change the cabin air filter, which I could have done fore $15

All statements are true to the best of my knowledge. For future litigation purposes.

Comment

Dealers suck.

I just went through buying a Honda CR-V for one of our sales guys and it was nightmarish. The added fees were a joke...dent protection, windshield protection, GPS tracking, etc. All of which they claimed they couldn't 'remove', though they were really just insurances that weren't actually installed on the vehicle.

Comment

They are thieves and get on every single thing. They hide so many fees and lie about why theyre there. Get you on the hook at one price then put all this bs on top of it after they get you to the signing table.

Question is, did you buy the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s too bad that dealerships don’t have a profitable % in mind, and set their prices at that amount. Instead they try to make the maximum amount off the vulnerable and uneducated, and a much smaller profit off everyone else. It’s the way the world is I guess!

Comment

The prices are fair here, not much negotiating, but no tricks or bs. Get financing from your credit union first it usually cheaper

Comment

LMAO,

"Well I can find my keys, see ya". Got no time for jack arses like that. Last time I checked there were a **** ton of other places to buy a vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                              X