No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on! Thats a great buck! The biggest one we saw was not quite that size and was in area 5

Comment

Originally posted by slimpickens View Post
      I had a couple jackwagons with a kid come by at 9am this morning. Good thing they came when they did to scare off deer or they might have ate all my corn. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Do people ever get shot out at twin buttes? I haven’t seen anyone out hunting when I have gone, but it worries me that some new hunter with a shotgun might not look beyond a deer and accidentally shoot me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thebuckcollect View Post
        Do people ever get shot out at twin buttes? I haven’t seen anyone out hunting when I have gone, but it worries me that some new hunter with a shotgun might not look beyond a deer and accidentally shoot me.
        I’ve never heard of it happening. I’ve hunted TB for the last 3 years and still worry about getting shot when I’m walking. If I’m in a tree it doesn’t even cross my mind.

Comment

Had a guy draw on me with a crossbow as I came around a corner. Guy was just sitting in the middle of a trail.. haven’t seen any shotgun hunters yet.

Comment

Its been awhile back before TPWD took over TB. There was a guy walking a trail smoking a cigarette as he walked passed my buddy in a brush blind it scared him and he came really close to drawing down on the shotgun at my buddy.

Comment

I try to stay out of the shotgun areas but after looking at the survey posted I might try a few out again.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                Its been awhile back before TPWD took over TB. There was a guy walking a trail smoking a cigarette as he walked passed my buddy in a brush blind it scared him and he came really close to drawing down on the shotgun at my buddy.

That’s nuts... what blows my mind even more is HE WAS SMOKING A CIGARETTE!! I may take my scent control more serious than others, but you have to know that a deer has an incredible sense of smell.. I wonder if that guy ever got a deer.

I hate to categorize people, but I feel like I can trust the bow hunters and not the shotgun hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                  That’s nuts... what blows my mind even more is HE WAS SMOKING A CIGARETTE!! I may take my scent control more serious than others, but you have to know that a deer has an incredible sense of smell.. I wonder if that guy ever got a deer.

I hate to categorize people, but I feel like I can trust the bow hunters and not the shotgun hunters.

Yeah, I feel a little more comfortable around the bow hunters than the shotgunners, and it was just a few years ago I was one of those shotgunners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                    Yeah, I feel a little more comfortable around the bow hunters than the shotgunners, and it was just a few years ago I was one of those shotgunners.

How was it shotgun hunting? I’ve only rifle and bow hunted. I want to get a muzzleloader eventually. I hear they are surprisingly accurate.

Comment

How was it shotgun hunting? I’ve only rifle and bow hunted. I want to get a muzzleloader eventually. I hear they are surprisingly accurate.

It was a few years ago and in honor of my diseased grandfather I was using and old very inaccurate shotgun that had belonged to him. With that said I did get a doe that year. I just made sure I was set up well away from anyone else if at all possible. If not I just up and moved. I have heard shotgun blasts go off that I new were within a hundreds yards or so from me. Since then I have put a scope on my newer shotgun an have yet to use it. I have since purchased a PSE bow and a Barnett crossbow and have taken Turkeys and a buck this year.

Comment

It was a few years ago and in honor of my diseased grandfather I was using and old very inaccurate shotgun that had belonged to him. With that said I did get a doe that year. I just made sure I was set up well away from anyone else if at all possible. If not I just up and moved. I have heard shotgun blasts go off that I new were within a hundreds yards or so from me. Since then I have put a scope on my newer shotgun an have yet to use it. I have since purchased a PSE bow and a Barnett crossbow and have taken Turkeys and a buck this year.

Yeah I went from rifle, to crossbow, and then quickly to a compound bow. I restored my dads old shotgun and have yet to use it. Pretty old/cool/unsafe design. If you hold the trigger loading the shell will fire it. So you can shoot as fast as you can pump.

Comment

Yeah I went from rifle, to crossbow, and then quickly to a compound bow. I restored my dads old shotgun and have yet to use it. Pretty old/cool/unsafe design. If you hold the trigger loading the shell will fire it. So you can shoot as fast as you can pump.

I’ve got another shotgun that belonged to my other grandfather, a 1908 double barrel. Now that would be interesting to go deer hunting with. It’s great that I got a numbers of my grandfathers weapons because I have three sons myself to hand them down to and my sisters and brother don’t have any kids that are interested at all in getting them handed down.

Comment

I’ve got another shotgun that belonged to my other grandfather, a 1908 double barrel. Now that would be interesting to go deer hunting with. It’s great that I got a numbers of my grandfathers weapons because I have three sons myself to hand them down to and my sisters and brother don’t have any kids that are interested at all in getting them handed down.

My wife finally got on board that it makes sense to buy good guns that are worth being passed down. My father in law just gave her her grandpas 204 and she is in love with it and it’s history. I hope to be able to do that one day

Comment

It’s pretty awesome that her 50+ year old rifle shoots and chambers just as good as my brand new rifle does

Comment

It’s pretty awesome that her 50+ year old rifle shoots and chambers just as good as my brand new rifle does

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X