Mud tires on wet pavement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    So the MTs make your truck a whole different truck in mud even with that plow heavy of a 7.3? I have run ATs on my 2001 F350 SRWfor its entire life. I drove those cheap *** stock Firestones straight from the lot to Discount Tire and bought Cooper ATs. I've never jumped off into MTs but I'm tired of them limiting me in that diesel dog when they get a little wear on them. I've never been stuck but I have been **** close....and the stretch from our camp to the front gate is the worst. Tired of worrying on a Sat night down pour if I'm going to get to the gate... Currently running Cooper ATPs
    Get the M/T’s. I use to run them on my Cummins and it sure helped on dirt roads. In a nasty pasture it would bury itself with or without the mud grips.

Comment

Mud tires are terrible on wet roads. I wrapped a truck around a tree doing 45 in a curve due to no traction on the pavement. Had lots of fishtails also when hitting water puddles.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
        I second this. They've been the best off road tire I've run so far. And I've tried a lot. They held up longer and they ride noticeably smoother and quieter.
        this

Comment

Falken MT

I got about 10K on these on a dodge 2500. I'm impressed.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Falken.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	24599774

Comment

Mine grip hard through puddles. Have to watch speed

Comment

My Toyos and Nitto mud tires were the best in mud. Smooth riding on the hwy but a bit washboardie in town. They did absolutely greet in mud, snow and ok in the rain except a few pucker moments here and there. This time I got the Nitto ridge grapplers. Supposed to be part hwy, part trail, part mud. They ride great, do great in the rain. They SUCK in the mud. I will not buy again. Did I mention ridge grapplers suck in the mud. I drive F250 diesel

Comment

The places I hunt are the hardest to get to, with elevation, rock, ruts, mud, etc. I went with Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they have handled everything I have driven through. They also do much better on wet roads than MT's or BFG.

Comment

I have about 35k on a set of 37" Nitto Trail grapplers. They don't wear even and start to get very rough riding when rotated after some wear. I am switching to All Terrain.

Comment

I got 52k out my last set of Toyo MTs on my Tundra and have 8k on the new set! They ride great for a MT on everything. Unless something happens I won't change tires ever.

Comment

Originally posted by youngSLY88 View Post
                      I've had two sets of 35 x 12.5 nitto trail grapplers and I thought they did pretty well on wet pavement

Best Tire you can get in my opinion. Their not loud on the highway, but have the tread to get the job done in the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        I have never had an issue running mud tires in the rain. Most will let the water out and have less risk of hydroplaning.

Same here . Been running noting but mud grips the last 25 years with no problems.

Comment

Toyo RT or MT.

Comment

It was said earlier they grab puddles hard.I got in a rut on I-35 years ago,and couldn't get out.Hydroplaned bad @ 65mph.It was a lightweight half ton z71.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Completely depends on the tire. My Toyo MT's do as well on the road as any all terrain i've ran. I've ran all the name brand all terrains, and none have been worth a dang except the Toyo AT II but they're terrible offroad. I don't care for the "hybrid" tires. They're not good off-road or any better on the road in my experience. If you actually need a real off road tire, than go with the Nitto Trail Grappler, Toyo MT or the Cooper STT pro. They do good off road, and are very street friendly. Toyo's are the heaviest, but last the longest. They don't cleanout as good as the STT pro" or Trail Grapplers. This has been my experience on multiple sets of all of them.
                              Last edited by Arrowthreat; 11-19-2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

im running Michelin defenders on all my vehicles and if im in some dicey mud ill chain up

Comment

Working...
                                X