Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibe Kayaks (Sea Ghost)

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Reviews?

Is this a kayak that you can stand up in?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Trying to get a demo. Buddy went from a Herritage to Vibe and swears by it. He had a bad back and said its a dream to be in the Vibe.

I have the Ascend but wished it tracked better and had more weight capacity.

Comment

I got two sea ghost 110, I like them, they are stable, you can stand but with the center console your stuck to one position. I would buy them again. I got them from Kajun Kayak (Facebook) delivered for free.
      Last edited by easttxbowbender; 04-24-2018, 06:57 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I have had the sea ghost 130 for a few years now. I like it alot. As far as being stable. It depends on the person. I can walk up to the front and not flip. My B-I-L can flip just looking at it. But i would say yes, it is stable compared to a lot of others. For the $$ its very hard to beat a sea ghost. Its comes with a ton of great features and i have had 0 issues with it and i have beat the crap out of it

Comment

Have two. Good Kayaks for the $$$$.

Comment

I have a Sea Ghost 130. I don't think you will find a better kayak for the price. Very stable, I'm 6'4 275 and I can stand up in mine.

Comment

They are really nice, stable, pretty fast, and comfortable seat. Easy to stand and paddle. A friend fishes out of one and I tried it for a while last time at the coast.

And can't beat 899$ for package, seat, paddle, rudder, anchor.

I was going to buy one but scored a smoking deal a few weeks ago on the new sun dolphin pro boss 12.

Comment

I had one for 2 months, and for what I paid for it, it was great. I'm just heavier set and needed something more stable so I sold it. With that being said, it's a great kayak, and pretty unbeatable for the price. Seat is comfortable and even at 300lbs, I was able to stand in it and fish but not comfortable for me.

I see you're in Mansfield, give Rick or Russ a call at Anglers Pro Tackle in Hurst and they can get you on the water for a demo whenever you're available.

They carry tons of different kayaks from Vibes, Diablos, Native, Old Town, Bonafide, and a bunch of other manufacturers. Very laid back and no pressure atmosphere. I bought my Diablo Amigo from them and will probably be buying my next from them as well

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  I had one for 2 months, and for what I paid for it, it was great. I'm just heavier set and needed something more stable so I sold it. With that being said, it's a great kayak, and pretty unbeatable for the price. Seat is comfortable and even at 300lbs, I was able to stand in it and fish but not comfortable for me.

I see you're in Mansfield, give Rick or Russ a call at Anglers Pro Tackle in Hurst and they can get you on the water for a demo whenever you're available.

They carry tons of different kayaks from Vibes, Diablos, Native, Old Town, Bonafide, and a bunch of other manufacturers. Very laid back and no pressure atmosphere. I bought my Diablo Amigo from them and will probably be buying my next from them as well
                  Funny you bring up the Diablo Amigo. I stopped by Tailwaters in Dallas this morning and they recommended the Diablo Amigo for what I am looking to do.

Have you liked yours so far?

Comment

Absolutely love mine. Extremely stable, drafts shallow, tracks straight as an arrow, and is easy to handle solo. Stable enough where I can stand and fish without any stand up assist and I will also paddle it like a SUP Board. They also stack for transport easier than any other kayak out there if you're looking for a fleet.

I've had this kayak loaded down close to about +400 lbs and it was still drafting in 6 inches of water.

Loved it so much, convinced a buddy of mine to get one as well. He was able to walk bow to stern easily without tipping the kayak.

I will say this, it is an excellent river, pond or small lake kayak. If you do a lot of fishing crossing long distances or open water fishing, this thing will require a bit more work but that being said, I've fished out of this thing in up to 20mph winds. It'll be wet but doable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X