X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is the average DUCK lease?

What should someone expect to pay to get on a decent duck lease? Thanks

All depends on location.

I would say for a decent duck lease you are looking in the neighborhood of $2,500/gun give or take a few hundred either side.

The ones i am aware of around Houston range anywhere from $1,600 on up to $5,200. The higher end ones will included storage for ATV's, decoys and some lodging while the lower end ones will be all on your own type of deals.

These run the same as anything else in this world, more times than not you get what you pay for.

I have been on a couple, feel free to shoot me a PM if you are looking around Houston.
    Last edited by Gclyde12; 01-04-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

It depends what you call average or decent. Most anything that isn't crowded will start around 2000.
      Alot of outfitters have group deals where you & some buddies get a membership & hunt the club properties. Do your homework THOROUGHLY!!!! Alot of these are just not worth it. PURE ripoffs. GOOD duck leases are harder to find than a good deer lease IMO. Some of the higher end ones are 10,000+ for a group membership & most any that are good probably have a waiting list. I will tell you this, the last few seasons have been tough ,even on prime property.
      Last edited by DUKFVR; 01-04-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I was afraid it would be costly. I just want to get my dog on some birds. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Like said above, don't expect to find a deal. The blinds where we hunt go in the $7500 range. When you lease a blind, you never know how close the nearest blind is. Too close and you can't call better, your screwed. Figure out how many times you will be able to hunt per season and compare how much it would cost to go with a guide service. For me the breakeven is around 12 hunts. I much rather have my own blind so I can prep it my way and go at a moments notice if the weather is right. This season we are using a guide, he's a friend that I hunted with in high school. They have a ton of property, so they can scout birds and hunt different areas when the birds move around. I've only made three trips this year with two more planned. For me, it's worked out better with the guided route.

Comment

There is lots of great public land available to waterfowl hunt if you have a boat and are willing to scout.

Comment

^yep much cheaper and less risky to hunt public and book a few guided trips a year. And if a guide isn’t on the birds at the time the GOOD ones will reschedule you or even refund.

Comment

I was a member on coastal prairie for a couple years. It was absolute garbage. I can definitely say don’t do that. I’m now just doing guided hunts. Works out to be the same price and we limit out just about every time.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                    There is lots of great public land available to waterfowl hunt if you have a boat and are willing to scout.
                    Sunday morning store in pilot point on 377 was full of duck hunters at 5:30

Comment

I was recently looking for the same and saw places from $1800 a gun to $5-$6k a gun. There are a few clubs that hold birds better than others. I joined one around bay city for the ‘21 season and I’m excited to see how it goes. Happy to share what I learned via PM.

Comment

Buddy of mine runs cattle on a place Tioga/pilot point area. Haven't seen the water but they get $20,000 for waterfowl and $10,000 for bass/fishing. Nice to be close to metropolis I guess

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. I think I am going get a little bigger boat and try public down on the coast. I have not had any luck on my private or public spots that are local. I dont think i am seeing birds like we did several years back. The 90s and pre duck dynasty hunting was sure more productive.

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
                            Thanks everyone for the info. I think I am going get a little bigger boat and try public down on the coast. I have not had any luck on my private or public spots that are local. I dont think i am seeing birds like we did several years back. The 90s and pre duck dynasty hunting was sure more productive.

I am no duck hunter. However several friends are and say the same thing about duck dynasty ruined duck hunting. Couple friends with land in northern Arkansas said they are flooded with people buying new guns taking them out of the box, asking for assistance to put them together and go hunt

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              [/B][/B]

I am no duck hunter. However several friends are and say the same thing about duck dynasty ruined duck hunting. Couple friends with land in northern Arkansas said they are flooded with people buying new guns taking them out of the box, asking for assistance to put them together and go hunt
                              Duck hunting is going through a renaissance right now, and that has driven up lease costs and driven the birds away in many areas. We are on a $10,000 per blind place now, and I'd say that it's pretty average. If you go high end, like Thunderbird, you kill more birds and you get more conveniences, but we're talking $5500 per gun with a waiting list. The days of easy, cheap, and productive duck hunting are gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X