I'm a bonehead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bonehead

Have a lone doe that walks through my setup early afternoon, 3ish. She never comes to the feeder and is always out of my comfortable bow range. This weekend I brought the 270 with the hopes of her walking through again. I even put corn out on the path she walks hoping it would slow her down. Got in the stand and started dozing off so I decided to play a game on my phone to stay awake.....yup you guessed it. Looked up from my game and there she was rounding the corner into the woods. Grrrrr!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AgBass01; 11-16-2019, 03:56 PM.

She was just on loan and probably due back soon.

Comment

About 15 minutes pass and I hear hogs. Look out my left window and they're about 10 yards from me. Stick the 300blk suppressed out the window put the cross hairs on one's head a squeeze the trigger. It drops, gets up and stumbles off. Drop the mag on my AR just to check how many rounds I have left....yup 1 left......run back to the Jeep and grab ammo. Back in the stand typing this now and look up and there is a little 6 pt buck at the feeder. Cracked open a cold Lonestar to calm my nerves.

Comment

Haha^^^

Comment

It's all good man. You're still in the woods on a beautiful day! Beats the hell out of work anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
            It's all good man. You're still in the woods on a beautiful day! Beats the hell out of work anyday.
            Yup, saw my target buck but couldn't get a shot. Rattled some horns and that kinda got his interest but still ended up walking across the field instead of coming in. Feeder bout to go off, we'll see what happens. I really need to switch from these 208gr subsonic bullets to a 110gr super. Just not enough power behind the 208 to do anything.

Comment

The 208s need to tumble. Buy true expanding sub Sonics. Only way you’ll get a good kill. It’s like a broad head in a bullet. Or try the new 190gr SubX bullet.

Comment

Gave up on sitting and started driving the property. Jumped a doe and shot her with the 270. She ran about 50 yards, while tracking her I found half a lung on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                X