2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Time to start a thread for Seg. B. I'll be hunting with my son; I think it will be my 5th time to hunt at Hagerman, and will be his first. Long range weather forecast looks good, and we are excited!

Congrats to all the successful Seg. A hunters - we are hoping they left a few deer for the Seg. B folks!

Hunt as many hours as you can....weather looks good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

me and kfrink will be there!

Comment

Good luck segment B hunters. I’ll chime in about my screw up, my big mistakes, and my hunt from A on another thread. I got lazy and it cost me two of the biggest bucks I’ve ever seen in the wild. I know one is still alive, it will put you on a cover of a magazine. :-)

Comment

Will be there for b segment, hope to have good weather as well as luck. Thank for the ride along with you guys in A segment. New to the site but hope to add to the thread during the hunt. Best of luck to all.

Comment

Plan on hitting a few spots at the h Sat. and Sun. Maybe the busards will give the lost bucks up. Wont be as nice as finding them in person but I bet would beat having lost them. Keep the faith.

Comment

Originally posted by String lug View Post
              Plan on hitting a few spots at the h Sat. and Sun. Maybe the busards will give the lost bucks up. Wont be as nice as finding them in person but I bet would beat having lost them. Keep the faith.
              If you find any don't try to bring them out. They are now considered the same as sheds and cannot be removed from the refuge. That's how it used to be anyway. Take pictures and give the coordinates to the staff and maybe they would at least put the rack in the headquarters.

I plan on scouting Sunday and maybe once more next Wednesday. Good luck to all!

Comment

Yes sir I did know.not to take them out but would think they would allow the hunter to have their trophy. Then again I guess a rule.is still a rule no matter how much it would blow.

Comment

Few things I learned from being first timer in Seg A.
                  • Have a better plan for different wind directions. We had South on Fri/Sun and North on Sat. I should of moved Sun and it cost me a chance at a good buck
                  • Hunting 4 miles from the gate sure was tough on my body
                  • Grab your License plate # before orientation, you will need to write it down. PS- May want to bring your own pen, 75% of their pens were out of ink, LOL
                  • There is never a good time to eat your lunch. I missed my opportunity at a doe when I had my lunch bag in my lap with a doe 20 yards behind me, I thought I would be safe with a 1230p lunch, not!
                  • I would highly recommend not going back to work until Tuesday, you will need Monday to rest up and possibly remove your stand if you didn't get it on Sunday Night.
                  • Last but no least, help each other out, you will meet some good people in your segment. Enjoy your time out there and make the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Codypatt1 View Post
                    Few things I learned from being first timer in Seg A.

• Have a better plan for different wind directions. We had South on Fri/Sun and North on Sat. I should of moved Sun and it cost me a chance at a good buck
                    • Hunting 4 miles from the gate sure was tough on my body
                    • Grab your License plate # before orientation, you will need to write it down. PS- May want to bring your own pen, 75% of their pens were out of ink, LOL
                    • There is never a good time to eat your lunch. I missed my opportunity at a doe when I had my lunch bag in my lap with a doe 20 yards behind me, I thought I would be safe with a 1230p lunch, not!
                    • I would highly recommend not going back to work until Tuesday, you will need Monday to rest up and possibly remove your stand if you didn't get it on Sunday Night.
                    • Last but no least, help each other out, you will meet some good people in your segment. Enjoy your time out there and make the most of it.
                    Great points! I've hunted 3 times and this is the first year that I'm going to get my stand on Monday. Carrying it out Sunday evening sucks!

I scouted this afternoon and only saw some hogs. Going back Saturday to hopefully find my tree.

The weather looks perfect if it will stay that way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I plan on being there, getting in some volunteer hours. Not sure what they will assign me to do, may just be a "hey boy", or an "office b".

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        I plan on being there, getting in some volunteer hours. Not sure what they will assign me to do, may just be a "hey boy", or an "office b".
                        Chief Deer Dragger-Outer?

Comment

They might put me on the coffee and donut crew, heck I don't know!

Comment

Looking forward to reading the updates...if you guys remember to do them!

Comment

Maybe you could deliver lunches to the field so everyone can concentrate on hunting

Comment

Working...
                              X