All conservatives please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neck View Post
    I think you are reading their posts wrong. They are saying the ignore button is a "snowflake ignore button" to ignore snowflakes, not that the person who uses the ignore button is a snowflake.
    Nope
    Snowflakes stick they fingers in their ears and soak in their own tears when adults tell them things they don't want to hear

Comment

I think you are reading their posts wrong. They are saying the ignore button is a "snowflake ignore button" to ignore snowflakes, not that the person who uses the ignore button is a snowflake.
      If that's the case then I read it wrong and totally apologize. I might be a little more on edge lately with our current national situation. If that was the intention of their responses, then I hope they accept my apology.
      Last edited by Pineywoods; 01-15-2021, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
        Yes. The ignore button is for snowflakes.
        Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        If you want to see how big of a snowflake I am, I'd love to meet up and discuss it with you outside of a keyboard. I just love how keyboards and forums have people saying stuff that they probably wouldn't if they were standing next to you. I see it's a trend on here.
        I may have misinterpreted the intent of your post. I misunderstood and thought you were calling me a snowflake for ignoring certain folks on here. If I misunderstood, I apologize for my response. I should really wait until I have more coffee before I start responding on TBH early in the morning.

If that was your intent, then I have more to say about this
        Last edited by Pineywoods; 01-15-2021, 08:19 AM.

Comment

If you want to see how big of a snowflake I am, I'd love to meet up and discuss it with you outside of a keyboard. I just love how keyboards and forums have people saying stuff that they probably wouldn't if they were standing next to you. I see it's a trend on here.
          welcome to the internet

I don't think that's correct. they are most definitely saying you are a snowflake if you use the ignore button.

I like reading the opposing views, I think we can all benefit from seeing things from a different perspective than our own.

its not hard to skip over something if its from someone that's going to make you lose your temper.

Comment

Pineywoods, I do believe we make be cut from the same mold. If I ever get a reason to be in Livingston I think I may try to look you up. Would enjoy a tall ice tea and a chat. Keep doing you and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wtex View Post
              Pineywoods, I do believe we make be cut from the same mold. If I ever get a reason to be in Livingston I think I may try to look you up. Would enjoy a tall ice tea and a chat. Keep doing you and you'll be fine.
              Anytime brother!

Comment

Nice experiment, OP. The impulse to silence opposing views comes from all quarters. As is obvious to everyone, it is really difficult to have a civil discussion online when the topic is one that inflames passions. There are some who enjoy hearing opinions/perspective from smart people with whom they disagree, others prefer staying in an echo chamber of like-minded individuals. The problem starts with people who don't (or can't) defend their position when challenged, they just resort to rhetorical bomb-throwing and name calling. Those are the ones we should "ignore" no matter which side they are on.

Comment

All conservatives please read

See this is exactly what I’m talking about. Someone has a differing opinion, then someone else gets butt hurt and starts making veiled threats.

Grow up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 01-15-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    See this is exactly what I’m talking about. Someone has a differing opinion, then someone else gets butt hurt and starts make IMG veiled threats.

Grow up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    The one who needs to grow up is the person/people throwing 5th grade insults around and resorting to name calling. I will not sit by while someone insults me or resorts to name calling... which I have done neither. I will not sit here and bark through a fence either because that isn't me, but I can promise that ANYONE who met me would not leave a conversation with me feeling like I was a snowflake. That is laughable. I also don't take crap off of anyone. Never have. Period.

Comment

the bigger issue here, just by reading through this is that there doesn't seem to be any common ground on how conservatives attack an issue. I shouldn't be surprised by the reactions, it mostly mirrors that type of representation we have in washington from the Republicans. Milk and toast, go along to get along.
                      i was careful in wording my post, there was no suggestion of banning anyone, in fact i was specific in saying we can't ban anyone so no "rights" were broken and i didn't suggest that we lash out or be confrontational which is something liberals clearly suggest when they don't get their way (see the many clips of maxine waters, harris, schumer etc inciting real violence). All i suggested was that we coalesce around one simple non-violent, non aggressive manner to prevent a certain group from having a platform to spew their nonsense. it was a simple request to ignore, nothing more and people aren't even willing to do that.
                      meanwhile the democrats are busy censoring, suppressing and outright trying to make conservatives into criminals. it's a pretty interesting social study but i was definitely hoping for different results. just imagine if we can't get a bunch of southern, conservative, god fearing hunters on the same page what does it say about the idea of focusing all conservatives in one direction.

here is some more legislation coming, aimed at you white dudes that aren't even willing to ignore a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                        You are the common denominator in that scenario.

You should work on that.

So what exactly are you saying? Are you saying I should change my moral and fiscal beliefs to sit around a fire and have fun discussions? Yeah you see how that works daily here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          the bigger issue here, just by reading through this is that there doesn't seem to be any common ground on how conservatives attack an issue. I shouldn't be surprised by the reactions, it mostly mirrors that type of representation we have in washington from the Republicans. Milk and toast, go along to get along.
                          i was careful in wording my post, there was no suggestion of banning anyone, in fact i was specific in saying we can't ban anyone so no "rights" were broken and i didn't suggest that we lash out or be confrontational which is something liberals clearly suggest when they don't get their way (see the many clips of maxine waters, harris, schumer etc inciting real violence). All i suggested was that we coalesce around one simple non-violent, non aggressive manner to prevent a certain group from having a platform to spew their nonsense. it was a simple request to ignore, nothing more and people aren't even willing to do that.
                          meanwhile the democrats are busy censoring, suppressing and outright trying to make conservatives into criminals. it's a pretty interesting social study but i was definitely hoping for different results. just imagine if we can't get a bunch of southern, conservative, god fearing hunters on the same page what does it say about the idea of focusing all conservatives in one direction.

here is some more legislation coming, aimed at you white dudes that aren't even willing to ignore a liberal.

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....fa-could-love/

Oh yikes. It’s like making a fat pig fatter. Expand the govt’s unaccountable policing of its “citizens”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

to be clear: Is the below what you are referring to when you say "conservatives"

Conservative:

adjective
                            1. averse to change or innovation and holding traditional values.

2. (in a political context) favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                              to be clear: Is the below what you are referring to when you say "conservatives"

Conservative:

adjective

2. (in a political context) favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.
                              mostly yes

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post

Conservative:

adjective

Good point - the term has so many meanings that it almost has no meaning at all. It all depends on what you are trying to conserve I guess. As an example I remember back during the Cold War, the hardline Soviets hanging on to old-school Communism were referred to by the press as conservatives. At the same time the most fervent anti-communist Americans were also referred to as conservatives. (?!)

Comment

Working...
                                X