No announcement yet.

One caliber/gun...for North America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder. It aint how big the caliber is..its where YA HIT EM!...

If recoil and or muzz blast affect your accuracy your probably Too much Gun..

Just a reminder
    Bell recorded all of his kills and shots fired. It was a business to him, not pleasure, and he needed to record expenditures.

He shot exactly 1,011 elephants; about 800 of them were shot with Rigby-made 7x57mm (.275 Rigby) rifles and round nose 173 grain military ammo.

Comment

I want to get in on this years APR Group Purchase.
      Hoping this thread would help me narrow my Clambering selection.
      Didn't help

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        I want to get in on this years APR Group Purchase.
        Hoping this thread would help me narrow my Clambering selection.
        Didn't help
        I’d pick something you already have Ammo for. I’m gonna get in on the group build and I’m going with a cartridge that I’m not all that excited about, but I have all the components to load for. Crazy times.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
          Well I'm reading all the posts and it seems to me that alot of you guys aren't actually thinking about the actual question, One gun for ALL of NA. from Javies to Moose and Griz. Don't think I would be going after Javies or Coues deer with a 30 cal you waste too much meat. A big coues deer will weigh around 80lbs. My go to caliber would be a 7mm mag.
          No flaming this is MY opinion.
          What wastes more meat a 162gr 7mm going 2940fps or a 200 gr .300 going 2800 FPS?

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post

Just a reminder
            Bell recorded all of his kills and shots fired. It was a business to him, not pleasure, and he needed to record expenditures.

He shot exactly 1,011 elephants; about 800 of them were shot with Rigby-made 7x57mm (.275 Rigby) rifles and round nose 173 grain military ammo.
            Yep, not many remember ole Bell.
            A lot of it while running no less.

Comment

.264 Win Mag, .350 Rem Mag, or .358 Win in that order for me.

Comment

300 Savage 99
                Last edited by THETEXAN; 02-15-2021, 12:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Long story short...270
                  Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 02-15-2021, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                    30-06/308 on the low end, and 7mm Rem Mag or 300 Win Mag on the upper end.
                    To me this seems right. My choice would be the 7mm Rem Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
                      Am I crazy. 280
                      If you are, I am too......(but we’re not)

Comment

30-06

Comment

.300wm

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post

Just a reminder

Bell did that in a time period when ele's had never been hunted and they had no fear of man, so many of them would just stand there while he put a bullet in there brain

Comment

Jarhead brain is always thinking SHTF scenario 223, 22LR, 308, 7.62x39 or 12 gauge
                              Last edited by texaspacker; 02-15-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                                This is my choice as well... very large selection in ammo, easily available and I’m old too.
                                add me to the 30-06 old guy list,,, if only one choice this is the do it cartridge

Comment

Working...
                                X