Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.

A bald eagle down the road from our place.

Flying, ours is behind. Sitting, our neighbor’s house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow...the eagle pics are awesome as is this entire thread. You are blessed Bill!

Comment

Well, after using the garage as a staining workshop and then appliance storage and work in progress, I finished cleaning it up so boxes can be stored there for tomorrow’s move-in. We had an issue with the interior doors finishing and the vendor replaced them- leaving me 8, 3-0x8-0 alder doors. They’ll be made into deep storage shelves across the rear wall.

The fine wood dust from cutting all the alder trim and mdf for cabinets was nasty, I used ppe to clean.

The workshop is definitely being used. Lighting and heater were selected from “Educate me” threads on TBH.

Comment

Greatness Bill. You ever regret moving from Ca? LOL

Comment

I miss

- the food and lunches with customers, partners and co-workers when I was working. Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Korean. I loved Asian food and spices.

- good/ great fresh donuts.

- hunting pigs year-round 15 minutes from our house, and the incredible waterfowl refuge system up and down the pacific flyway. It was also fun to drive 5 minutes past Levis Stadium and duck hunt the tidal marshes- while looking at all the tech companies.

Comment

All caught up. Amazing and motivating. Thanks!

Comment

Were in. Still lots of boxes to be unpacked and we’re finishing a couple inside projects and the deck.

But we’re in! Sage has found her spot.

I’m next to her marveling this all came together.

Comment

Atta boy Bill. Thanks for taking us along and congrats on building a very nice place........and a HUGE congrats on putting Cali in the rear view mirror. I’m sure you are relieved to finally figure out you weren’t allergic to fresh, clean air. 😂

Comment

Congratulations Bill for moving into y'alls dream! I'm sure you will enjoy it and talk about all the work that it took for y'all to be there. Keep Dreaming BIG in the big sky.

Comment

Such a great thread. Congrats on the new home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank God we started building in 2019 and our framing and sheathing wood was bought pre-Covid pricing.

We’re pricing materials for the 3-sided wrap-around deck and in MT wood is up 130% over last year this time. A sheet of osb was $15, now $38. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Thank God we started building in 2019 and our framing and sheathing wood was bought pre-Covid pricing.

We’re pricing materials for the 3-sided wrap-around deck and in MT wood is up 130% over last year this time. A sheet of osb was $15, now $38. Crazy.
                          I hear ya brother. I am so glad we decided to not go Cost Plus on our current home build. We’ve been under a Hard Cost contract with our builder since July ‘20. Let’s just say he’s not making near the margins he was! Sad for him....good for us.

Comment

Looking great Bill, glad your moved in. Beautiful home and property.

Comment

We’re officially in- moved the last from the rental today.

Plus- we got our first package from amazon. Makes it official!

I took this yesterday. The large ranch ‘below’ us has the flag up 24/7, illuminated at night. Behind old glory are the Greenhorn mountains (left), Snowcrest (center in distance) and the tail of the Ruby Range (right). God’s (and Trump) country.

Comment

Post #600!

In 2 weeks. Still lots of work getting outta boxes. The pantry was finished yesterday so all those boxes can be unloaded.

We decided on Trex for the wrap around deck, that was delivered yesterday and should start building late this week or next.

Our son finished the hickory hood in the kitchen, it’s amazing to see your kid turn wood boards into a finished project.

The winter continues to be mild, most days getting into 20s and 30s (we had 40s this week) and little snow. I’m hoping that continues for deck carpentry.

Saturday morning coffee next to fireplace and TBH. Clouds in valley are burning off, should be snother beautiful day.

Comment

Working...
                                X