Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Govt is doing a great job protecting the most vulnerable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Govt is doing a great job protecting the most vulnerable!

Nearly 90% of the COVID-related deaths recorded by the state last week occurred in nursing homes as COVID-19 continues to attack residents of long-term care facilities and the state prepares to par…

Nearly 90 percent of the coronavirus deaths in Connecticut last week were nursing home patients

So far about 400 of the 900+ COVID-19 deaths in Texas have been residents of senior care homes. The thought of the virus getting loose in your facility has got to be a nightmare for administrators. Lots of workers coming and going and it only takes one to bring it in with them

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      So far about 400 of the 900+ COVID-19 deaths in Texas have been residents of senior care homes. The thought of the virus getting loose in your facility has got to be a nightmare for administrators. Lots of workers coming and going and it only takes one to bring it in with them
      Wait until we find out how many deaths come from nursing homes each year. And then calculate the real deaths caused by COVID.

It is the real deal for really old people. But we also know they are making these numbers as high as possible.

It's really sad, sick, and wrong how they are twisting all data.

Comment

Wonder if there is a way to find out how many "other than c-19 deaths" TX nursing homes have had....and how many they normally have?

Comment

Coronavirus In Pennsylvania: 80 Percent Of The Region’s COVID-19 Deaths Are In Long-Term Care Facilities

Comment

This is the only thing that scares me about the Wuhan flu. My mom is in a nursing home here in Colbert. I haven't been able to see her in 2 months now since they put the home on lockdown and I visited her almost everyday before this started. I just keep Praying this won't be what gets her or the others in the home.

Comment

That really tells me the people working inside the home, as usual, are NOT following good handwashing protocol. You MUST wash your hands after contact with any patient or Common surface period. Wearing gloves only protects the wearer...it does nothing but spread virus/bacteria to everyone else.

That is not saying every person in the home is not doing it correctly, but it only takes 1.

Comment

Newly released data shows that the toll of the coronavirus on New Hampshire's nursing homes, assisted living facilities and similar institutions is even…

More Than Three In Four N.H. COVID Deaths Occurred In Long-Term Care Homes

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  Wonder if there is a way to find out how many "other than c-19 deaths" TX nursing homes have had....and how many they normally have?
                  This is what I was getting at. Need real numbers to really see impact.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    This is what I was getting at. Need real numbers to really see impact.

Mortality in nursing home residents: A longitudinal study over three years

Yearly mortality rate throughout the three-year observation period was 31.8%.

That sounds pretty high during normal times. 1/3 of nursing home patients die every year. How many more deaths is c-19 causing?

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6143238/

That sounds pretty high during normal times. 1/3 of nursing home patients die every year. How many more deaths is c-19 causing?
                      For years my wife did marketing for retirement/nursing communities. The pressure to keep the place full is never-ending when you're losing 1/3 of your residents every year.

Comment

For years my wife did marketing for retirement/nursing communities. The pressure to keep the place full is never-ending when you're losing 1/3 of your residents every year.
                        I bet that is not part of their marketing plan. Sad business I'm sure.

Comment

I'd wager very few.

Comment

This sounds like a plausible number to me. Keep in mind that this study was a “population study” rather than random study and the population in nursing homes is similar and specific. Note also that long term and/or skilled nursing facilities do not include those populations living in independent or assisted living facilities. Outside of the small percentage who are there for temporary rehabilitation services, the rest are there awaiting passage to the Land of Milk and Honey. (Apologies for my bluntness.)

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                              This sounds like a plausible number to me. Keep in mind that this study was a “population study” rather than random study and the population in nursing homes is similar and specific. Note also that long term and/or skilled nursing facilities do not include those populations living in independent or assisted living facilities. Outside of the small percentage who are there for temporary rehabilitation services, the rest are there awaiting passage to the Land of Milk and Honey. (Apologies for my bluntness.)
                              I agree with your assessment from what I have seen in the 17 months my mom has been in the nursing home. A lot of them come in there with not much time left at all. Not uncommon for someone to become a resident with only a few months left or less. There also seems to be times when they pass in spurts or go a little while without anyone dying. Considering nursing home residents have highly fragile immune systems with something like Corona or even a regular flu getting in there can cause a massive die off if its not headed off.

Comment

Working...
                              X