How to take off old truck window deflectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to take off old truck window deflectors

My window air deflectors got brittle and cracked, so I basically broke most of the rest of them off. What is the easiest way to remove the last part attached to the adhesive strip, along with the adhesive strip itself? Hot air gun?

I peeled mine off. The part that stayed stuck to the truck I used a plastic putty knife on. I got a rubber adhesive removal wheel for my grinder for the rest.

Comment

I used a hot air gun and razor blade. Got most off. Finished it off with rubbing alcohol.

Comment

If it's a Toyota call DapperDan, he can probably get at least 25% off of it.

Sorry!

Comment

And....that’s when the fight started

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post

Sorry!
            Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
            And....that’s when the fight started
            I lolled!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post

Sorry!

. Sir, you win he Internet for the day!!

I have heard of peeps utilizing fishing line tied to two sticks. Get the line under the plastic peace and get it off with a "sawing" motion.
              Last edited by Pedernal; 05-17-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                . Sir, you win he Internet for the day!!

I have heard of peeps utilizing fishing line tied to two sticks. Get the line under the plastic peace and get it off with a "sawing" motion.

That's an idea. Thanks!

Comment

Can't you just wait till the rest of them get brittle and crack so you can break those pieces off too?

Comment

With love brother Randy, with love!

Comment

Just buy a 3m eraser wheel goes on a drill and will remove any sticky stuff you want and doesn’t hurt clear coat. That’s what body shops use very easy

Comment

Acetone will work well, just do a test spot to make sure it doesn’t take paint with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Can't you just wait till the rest of them get brittle and crack so you can break those pieces off too?

That's where I am now. I only have one off, and it was a real pain, used a razor blade and got too much into the paint! The other 3 are just oieces of plastic stuck to the adhesive strip.

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                          Just buy a 3m eraser wheel goes on a drill and will remove any sticky stuff you want and doesn’t hurt clear coat. That’s what body shops use very easy
                          Will check on that. That kind of advice is what I was looking for. Thanks!

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          Acetone will work well, just do a test spot to make sure it doesn’t take paint with it.
                          I have some. Will give it a go after getting most of the strip off. Thanks!

Comment

Fishing line is better than as scraper on curved surfaces, then go to a 3M Eraser wheel on a drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you tell me what the attraction is with those things?

I've just never thought, "hey, I need those...."

Comment

Working...
                              X