First Hog harvest & BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Hog harvest & BBQ

First time field to table Sow. Buddy picked one out, he said do a head shot, no wasted meat, made sense, worked out great. Washed and picked all the hair off, iced and drained 4 days. Smoked it 3hrs. I couldn’t believe that it had zero gamey taste (we had a bad experience a long time ago with a big *** boar). Everyone loved it, hopefully going back for more. I really didn’t think they would be so lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

Comment

That wasn’t a harvest, that was an outright Kill!

Looks tasty

Comment

That looks awesome. We love WPTs. Wild Pig Tacos.

Comment

Looks good! Congrats on the kill!

Comment

Free meat and good table fare, I don't get all the people , that say they are not.
            Looks tasty btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
              Free meat and good table fare, I don't get all the people , that say they are not.
              Looks tasty btw.
              Hogs allow me to keep EXCELLENT meat in my freezer year round and I don’t have to shoot all of my does. Win win!!

Comment

I dressed 11 this year. I did share with friends but also filled a couple freezers. Mine were very fat which is how I like them.

Comment

Thanks now im hungry again!

Comment

Great eating. I use them to make breakfast sausage out of and grill the tenderloins and backstraps. Using them for breakfast sausage allows me to do more stuff with my deer.

Comment

Mighty fine eats right there.
                      I keep my freezers filled wild wild pork. Never had a bad one. Congratulations on finding yourself a new food group.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        Mighty fine eats right there.
                        I keep my freezers filled wild wild pork. Never had a bad one. Congratulations on finding yourself a new food group.
                        X2. I've killed and ate hundreds of Pigs. From the smallest up to close to 300 pounds. Everyone tasted awesome.

Comment

Nice. Quick harvest and prompt processing makes a huge difference imho. Some boars smell like an overcrowded duck pond, pass Love organic Pork !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dressed a 270lb very young boar last week. Fed out on corn and molasses. He was amazing. I pulled the silver skin from inside his ribs and split the sides 3 times so they would fit in my wife's huge crock pot. She cooked them in sweet baby rays bbq sauce. I pulled the ribs right out with my fingers. Oh my goodness... great doesn't describe it.

Comment

Are you boys killing them with a combine? :-).

We kill a lot of pigs and smoke them whole--butterfly and put on the pit. All shot in the head, all DRT and all good/excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X