Favorite Place on the Texas Coast for Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New boat (Haynie Magnum 25) should be ready right after the close of deer season. I currently live in San Antonio so most of my fishing is done around the Corpus Christi / Aransas Pass / Rockport area. The majority of my family is from Bryan / College Station area and they like to fish the Matagorda area. Looking into places to keep the 5th wheel and boat over next summer. Ideal place would have nice boat/rv storage, good bars/restaurants, similar drive times for both me and my family, and of course great fishing. I'm partial to the Seadrift / POC area as I have fished those areas before and really enjoyed it, but please let me know your ideas/suggestions. Thank in advance.

I’m a matagorda guy, but they don’t really have the amenities you are looking for it seems. POC is nice but those boat ramps are a cluster bleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We usually leave our RV in aransas pass. There are lots of areas to fish around aransas pass, rockport, Ingleside and port Aransas that are protected from the winds and lots of shallow water. We fish during the week and try not to be there on the weekends since everywhere is packed on weekends. J m o.

Comment

Port Mansfield

Comment

Originally posted by breeds13 View Post
          New boat (Haynie Magnum 25) should be ready right after the close of deer season. I currently live in San Antonio so most of my fishing is done around the Corpus Christi / Aransas Pass / Rockport area. The majority of my family is from Bryan / College Station area and they like to fish the Matagorda area. Looking into places to keep the 5th wheel and boat over next summer. Ideal place would have nice boat/rv storage, good bars/restaurants, similar drive times for both me and my family, and of course great fishing. I'm partial to the Seadrift / POC area as I have fished those areas before and really enjoyed it, but please let me know your ideas/suggestions. Thank in advance.

If you want to run your boat I’ve got a place in Baffin we fish relatively often, about 15-18 weekends a year. I live in San Antonio and would show you around a bit down there. It dang sure doesn’t have a night life or anything else you’re looking for. But if you want to fish I’d say that’s the spot

Comment

Sabine lake.

Comment

There's not a bad place on the Texas coast. The fishings pretty good anywhere you go. Find the other things your looking for, then worry about the fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                Port Mansfield
                Best fishing on the coast in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  If you want to run your boat I’ve got a place in Baffin we fish relatively often, about 15-18 weekends a year. I live in San Antonio and would show you around a bit down there. It dang sure doesn’t have a night life or anything else you’re looking for. But if you want to fish I’d say that’s the spot
                  Fishing in Baffin has been iffy at best for a good while now. Seems like Mansfield is much more consistent. Not as many big fish but sure is a bunch more of them.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                    Fishing in Baffin has been iffy at best for a good while now. Seems like Mansfield is much more consistent. Not as many big fish but sure is a bunch more of them.

Lol, ok

Comment

Baffin area has held fish all year. Land cut and 9 mile hole are fish deserts since the big freeze.

Comment

Sabine Lake

Comment

Port Mansfield and south…

Comment

Working...
                          X