School Me on Hunting Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Me on Hunting Oklahoma

Basically for spring turkey. Looking at hunting public land on the last 5 days of the state's spring season, which closes May 6. Been looking at some WMAs that suppose to hold turkeys. Looks like I need a NR license @ $142 plus $10 for each turkey permit. Depending on the county, I can kill one or 2. This sound right?

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    Basically for spring turkey. Looking at hunting public land on the last 5 days of the state's spring season, which closes May 6. Been looking at some WMAs that suppose to hold turkeys. Looks like I need a NR license @ $142 plus $10 for each turkey permit. Depending on the county, I can kill one or 2. This sound right?

That’s right. Pay attention to the county restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
      That’s right. Pay attention to the county restrictions.
      And, if I kill a turkey in a one bird limit county, I can go to a 2 bird county and kill 2 or is it just one again since I already killed one? Not sure if 3 total or just 2 total for state wide. Like I'm really gonna have that luck!!!

Comment

TTT
        I have some questions about some of the WMA's. Hope somebody can answer for me. Just PM me. Thanks

Comment

Find field near deep creek bottoms, walk and call night b4 got roost em 1st, same wherever total bag limit for State is 2?
          Never hunted Turkey in OK

Comment

Yes pay attention to those OK game laws, Pigman from the tv series got in trouble a few years back and paid a $900 fine

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                PM sent
                PM sent back. Going to bed. Working nites. Will check back later tonite.

Comment

looking at it too. western wmas. probably going to go to Kansas instead though since I have an ear in the woods up there.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                    looking at it too. western wmas. probably going to go to Kansas instead though since I have an ear in the woods up there.
                    I looked at Black Kettle since it's like 30,000 acres, but that place is broken up into about 100 units!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      I looked at Black Kettle since it's like 30,000 acres, but that place is broken up into about 100 units!!!

Yeah it’s supposedly the best place. Think you got to get lucky and find the places that haven’t been pressured

Comment

Working...
                      X