Wife and I went to Glacier and Banff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I went to Glacier and Banff

Had a great time. One morning was 38. I am not a big believer in Global Warming. But I do believe in Climate Change(has been changing for thousands of years). To me it is wild to know in Glacier there are only 25 Glaciers left and are expected to be gone by 2030. Interested to see how that area will change. Got to go out on a Glacier in Banff. Drank water melting directly from it. Cool experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hunterdrake; 07-09-2017, 08:04 AM.

That looks amazing

Comment

Beautiful pic awesome that your there. I'm not a liberal but you can't visit glacier and deny climate change or global warming. (I thought that was the same thing). Seriously if you don't believe it go to glacier national park and look how much it has melted away. Still phenomenal country. Did y'all see mr Grizz?

Comment

Awesome! Banff is a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing

Comment

it's a beautiful area.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
            Beautiful pic awesome that your there. I'm not a liberal but you can't visit glacier and deny climate change or global warming. (I thought that was the same thing). Seriously if you don't believe it go to glacier national park and look how much it has melted away. Still phenomenal country. Did y'all see mr Grizz?

No Grizzly. Couple of Black bear.

Comment

Really great pics. Wife and I are in Calgary now for Stampede and will be moving here in August. Can't wait to get up to Banff.

Comment

I thought our Rockies were beautiful until I visited Banff---

Comment

Great pictures and I advise everyone I know, they haven't seen beautiful country until they have visited Banff, Lake Louise / Glacier Park. It's breathtaking country and we feel very blessed to have called Alberta home for over 4 years.
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Beautiful country, terrible eco system. Lots of nice trails. One of the best things about Banff is the mild elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterdrake View Post
                      No Grizzly. Couple of Black bear.

Comment

Beautiful - send some of that ice and snow to Houston.

Comment

Yes, the trip from Calgary to Banff to Lake Louise and then to Jasper is unbelievably beautiful.

We stopped at the Columbia ice fields north of Lake Louise. Absolutely gorgeous!!! 1,000 ft thick of ice.

The glaciers there have been shrinking since their discovery over 200 years ago....which is prior to the industrial revolution.

Comment

Still wished I lived in Missoula and could head north for 3 hours and be in Glacier, SE for 3hours and be in Yellowstone. Awesome country!! My mother's "cabin" is for sale in Whitefish if anyone feels the need to make a permanent move .

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
                              Yes, the trip from Calgary to Banff to Lake Louise and then to Jasper is unbelievably beautiful.
                              The wife and I honeymooned in Banff and made the drive to Jasper and back. Unbelievably beautiful. Every time I thought the scenery could not be more breathtaking, we rounded another mountain only to be proven wrong again.

Comment

Working...
                              X