Cell trap gets them again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell trap gets them again

Got some work today in the morning! This makes either our fifth or sixth big group caught in the last month.
    [ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7116.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	25101155[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

very cool!
    Do you kill 'em or sell 'em?
    Just curious...

Are you putting a dent in the population in your area, or is there 1,000 more?

Comment

Lookin' good! Lots of ham in time for the holidays.

KAP!

Comment

Very nice, only 7,986,410,789 left to go!

Comment

I would be interested in what kind of trigger you are using to spring the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            I would be interested in what kind of trigger you are using to spring the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
              very cool!
              Do you kill 'em or sell 'em?
              Just curious...

Are you putting a dent in the population in your area, or is there 1,000 more?
              We just give them away for the most part. Sometimes there's a guy who'll come from Goliad to get them. We are in the Guadalupe river bottom, so I'm not sure we are gaining any ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                That's it. For the most part, it works pretty good. Our only problem is, when it's been a while since we've tripped it, the spring loaded latch will get stuck from dust and dew getting in there. Periodically, we have to drive by and spray it down with some WD40.

Comment

How soon after it takes a pic do you get it on your phone? Obviously gotta be pretty quick in order for you to trigger the trap door to close.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                    How soon after it takes a pic do you get it on your phone? Obviously gotta be pretty quick in order for you to trigger the trap door to close.

Skinny
                    Depending on where we have the trap, it takes about a minute to appear on your phone. When cell reception is good, you'll get the text pic first. However, when it's bad, you can pull up the pics in an app on your phone before you get a text.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                      Depending on where we have the trap, it takes about a minute to appear on your phone. When cell reception is good, you'll get the text pic first. However, when it's bad, you can pull up the pics in an app on your phone before you get a text.

Got ya. I run a few covert cams that send pics to an app and it's definitely not instant. Sometimes 2-3 minutes after pic capture, other times it could be 10-15 minutes.

Skinny

Comment

We just give them away for the most part. Sometimes there's a guy who'll come from Goliad to get them. We are in the Guadalupe river bottom, so I'm not sure we are gaining any ground.
                        Yep, I doubt your gaining any ground. I also hunt the Guadalupe river bottom and there are so many hogs that as soon as you trap or kill some a new group is just waiting to move in. A few years ago we killed over 170 off our 640 acre lease in one year and had more pigs at the end of the year then when we started. Just curious, are you North or South of Victoria? I'm South but have hunted a place North and it had just as many pigs.

Comment

K.
                          A.
                          P.
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 11-18-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                            Yep, I doubt your gaining any ground. I also hunt the Guadalupe river bottom and there are so many hogs that as soon as you trap or kill some a new group is just waiting to move in. A few years ago we killed over 170 off our 640 acre lease in one year and had more pigs at the end of the year then when we started. Just curious, are you North or South of Victoria? I'm South but have hunted a place North and it had just as many pigs.
                            We are south of town. However, I've got a friend who has a big place on 77 North and it's got more pigs than I've ever seen in Victoria.

Comment

We are south of town. However, I've got a friend who has a big place on 77 North and it's got more pigs than I've ever seen in Victoria.
                              Dang, you must be pretty close to me since I'm about straight across from Bloomington on the river. How has your deer hunting been this year, I ask because this has been my slowest year by far on the place as far as deer movement.

Comment

Working...
                              X