Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Green Egg Cookers

Anyone have one? How well do they cook, or smoke! Thanks

Best I've ever owned. From low and slow smoking to blazing hot searing to baking a pizza....the BGE can do it all and does it all well. Get one....it'll change your life.

Comment

I got one today, the XL one can't wait to fire it up in the morning.

Comment

They are the real deal

Comment

Worth every penny

Comment

Have had mine for 6 yrs now. I love that thing. Like Curt said, the cooking possibilities are endless. Now go get ya a BBQ guru cyber-q and really have some fun with it.

Comment

Best thing I have ever bought related to food. As Curt said, it does it all.

Comment

yep XL and Mini Max

Comment

Good move

Comment

You will love it. You can cook anything on it. Here is my XL.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I don't have a bge but I do have a primo kamodo. Same concept as its a ceramic grill. I fought it for a while but they are awesome. Very versatile cooking tool.

Comment

they do okay for a Mexican import.
                        Do about 15 minutes of studying and you'll end up w/a Primo Oval XL instead.

To answer your question, the ceramic cookers do a great job of cooking almost everything.
                        I think on big pieces of meat, an offset smoker does a better job.

Two important rules you need to follow.
                        1- No lighter fluid.
                        2- Lump only, no briquettes.

I use a shop-vac to clean what little ashes a ceramic grill produces. like once a year.

Comment

I received a large BGE last Friday for my birthday. Did a brisket and ribs that night and Saturday morning. Outstanding!

Comment

I love mine, and told a friend yesterday I would do a Primo if I could do it over again......

Comment

Interesting responses regarding going Primo over BGE. Any details there you care to share? I'm in the market and a ceramic cooker is next just getting ideas in which one. From most folks I talk to you really can't go wrong with either one but usually they have a preference to one or the other for some small reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X