How is Red River County hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is Red River County hunting?

How is the hunting around Red River County, specifically north of Talco? Saw a place on the Sulphur River near 281 and was curious. Intereste domineering your thoughts on deer, duck, turkey, pig...

Big deer up there…depending on the specific location.

Probably no Turkey, but good duck hunting!

Comment

Thanks Randy

Comment

That’s going to be hwy 271. Northeast of Talco good hunting. It just depends on specificity where the property is and how big and what are your neighbors like.
        There is an eastern spring Turkey season in RRC also. Lots of hogs in that area

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          That’s going to be hwy 271. Northeast of Talco good hunting. It just depends on specificity where the property is and how big and what are your neighbors like.
          There is an eastern spring Turkey season in RRC also. Lots of hogs in that area
          Thanks! Yes, meant 271. Looks like the neighbors all have 50 to 60 acre tracts. And everyone has 5 acres on a road to a camp. What drew me in was being on the river. I am going to reach out.

Comment

Should be a target rich environment in that area. We hunt north of Clarksville, and are covered up with turkey, not sure about that area. Tons of hogs and some really nice deer, big bodied too.

Comment

I hunted outside of Bogata most of my childhood on my uncles 40 acres. It hunted much larger than 40 acres, we had 6+ stands most years. Lots of animals taken and some decent bucks. It was always fun to hunt it because you never knew what was going to step out of the thicket. Haven't hunted it in years since he passed, don't want to stand around the campfire without him there. Great area and I wouldn't hesitate to get on a place up there if the opportunity arose.
              Last edited by UncleBubba; 01-18-2022, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Good area.

Comment

Big deer up there, i had a lease in Bagwell for 3 years and a lease near manchester for a 1 year, big logging area, but lots of old bucks tromping around, lots of hogs too, fun/remote area to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                    Thanks! Yes, meant 271. Looks like the neighbors all have 50 to 60 acre tracts. And everyone has 5 acres on a road to a camp. What drew me in was being on the river. I am going to reach out.
                    PM Sent

Comment

Is this to lease? Or are you looking at buying property?

Comment

As everywhere it’s location location location “BUT” being on the Sulphur River your almost guaranteed to at minimum have some mature deer come through during the rut. If it’s more overgrown bottom land then it could be a honey hole. You can easily turn a place along the river into a bedding are by hinge cutting trees and letting it grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          Is this to lease? Or are you looking at buying property?
                          Purchasing

Appreciate all the advice folks. Thank you. Keep it coming!

Comment

There’s good deer along sulphur river. I’ve never hunted up that way though. Srk in my username stands for “sulphur river killer.” I know a guy in talco that always hammers the ducks.

Comment

How does most or all of the land being in a flood plain affect value if you're only purpose is hunting?

Comment

Working...
                              X