No announcement yet.

Looks like it is my turn in the barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 70, I was under the impression that it would be hard to survive, at least that is what the government and news media said.
    Anyway, when I did get it, turned out to be mas que nada.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Hang in there, Put it in God's hands.

Comment

Try and find her a monoclonal antibody treatment. With a compromised immune system she qualifies just based on that alone. I'd call the doctor that administered her test and ask them to provide a referral.

I got a referral for those when I had my second round with the Vid. All I have is very minor asthma. I never felt bad enough, or hardly anything, to have to use it. But, I had that treatment in my back pocket if it was needed.
          Last edited by SB09; 01-06-2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            To some yes, to others not so much. It’s been proven individuals with compromised immune system and other illnesses have a higher rate of a severe reaction.

Just this past week we had a 41 year old with no heath issues come through our morgue.
            Prayers up for your wife and you OP.

Hope you and your wife feel better soon. On the bright side if she feels better and doesn't get too sick you can maybe use that to show her how she was duped.

In reply to the post I quoted, does the Flu not do the exact same thing every year?

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
              Try and find here a monoclonal antibody treatment. With a compromised immune system she qualifies just based on that alone. I'd call the doctor that administered her test and ask them to provide a referral.

This. There is no downside other than possibly money out of pocket depending on your insurance. It works.

Comment

Thankfully she probably has the newest strain which seems to be very mild for almost everyone. Hopefully that is the case with her.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Thankfully she probably has the newest strain which seems to be very mild for almost everyone. Hopefully that is the case with her.
                  This!

Comment

I'll send one up for you both.

Comment

I’ll swing by and we can have coffee while you’re quarantined.
                      Get better soon buddy.

Comment

The doctor said they don't test for particular strain but said that since most that test positive now have Omicron so I told her to quit talking herself into a state of worry. Wood Man, if I can finish getting this new muzzle loader sighted in I will probably be quarantining myself in the deer stand- except for some congestion I feel fine.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                          This. There is no downside other than possibly money out of pocket depending on your insurance. It works.
                          Definitely agree they should look into the monoclonal antibodies, especially for his wife, however they're not without downsides. My head/sinuses practically exploded 3 hours post-infusion and lasted about 18 hours or so. I felt completely fine before the infusion. I had to hold shop towels to my nose for about 6 hours straight and went through two rolls, then all of a sudden sinuses locked up like they were welded shut and hurt like crazy for another 12 hours. I couldn't sleep a lick and throat dried out and started giving me problems from having to breath from the mouth. Hindsight, I would have ridden it out without the infusion, however I also don't have a compromised immune system that I know of.

Comment

Crying hysterically?

Comment

Another vote for the monoclonal antibodies ASAP. She sounds a lot like my wife. Best wishes for both of you!

Comment

STAY AS ACTIVE AS SHE CAN ... do not sit around ... I know she might not feel well but stay as active as possible ... even walking around the house is good ...
                                Praying for her ... fear of the UNKNOWN is a terrible thing

DWC

Comment

Working...
                                X