Want a good laugh? (Rusty axles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want a good laugh? (Rusty axles)

I've been trying to take these torsion axles off all day. LOL...
    Soaked with pBlaster for hours then worked it over with an impact and I think I heard it laughing at me. I guess I'll try heat tomorrow. I actually didn't think it would put up such a fight doesn't look THAT bad.
    Attached Files

Looks like you could knock them off with a hammer. Heat will be your best friend but knock as much rust off as you can with a hammer because when you put a torch to rust it will pop off and find your lip or eye lid. Just installed 2 new axles to my boat trailer today. Couldn’t have happened without a torch. Good luck sir.

Comment

Gas axe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Looks like you could knock them off with a hammer. Heat will be your best friend but knock as much rust off as you can with a hammer because when you put a torch to rust it will pop off and find your lip or eye lid. Just installed 2 new axles to my boat trailer today. Couldn’t have happened without a torch. Good luck sir.
        Rattling from the impact has most of it off looks shiny and new now lolol

Comment

Looks worse than my 1940-1950s disc harrow bolts & nuts

Comment

Judging by some of the RV's I've seen in Sargent you can get a couple more years of use out of those babies.

Comment

Can’t be stuck if it’s liquid. Get out the torch

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Gas axe!

My first thought as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Gas axe!

Yep, AKA smoke wrench.

Comment

If that is a boat trailer axle, I would just cut the axle or axles off the trailer, not worth trying to unbolt anything, everything I see in that picture is hardly scrap metal.

Comment

Looks like it was grown from a tree…. That’s some serious rust!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        If that is a boat trailer axle, I would just cut the axle or axles off the trailer, not worth trying to unbolt anything, everything I see in that picture is hardly scrap metal.
                        My thoughts also. Will save time, no busted knuckles, and what I see, everything appears it is time to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by oleman View Post
                          my thoughts also. Will save time, no busted knuckles, and what i see, everything appears it is time to replace.
                          amen

Comment

You wasted a day on what should have been cut off in 30 minutes

Comment

I seriously thought this was wood at first glance. Old saltwater trailer has seen better days!

Comment

Working...
                              X