No announcement yet.

Replacement felt for QAD rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fuzzy side of industrial strength Velcro is all I have used for years. Works like a champ!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      The velcro you put on there is the carpet side or or the hook side?
      I used the loop side (fuzzy, carpet, etc.).

Comment

Reviving this as I switched from a ripcord on my old bow to a qad on my new one. Dang felt hasn’t lasted but a month. Was just going to order a set of new felt pieces to put on.

Has anybody ever used any sort of glue to help the thing stick better?

Comment

I called them years ago about ordering replacement material and they just sent me a free kit. QAD’s CS department is pretty top notch. I’ve dealt with them a few times in the past and it’s never cost me a dime.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            I ordered some from an outfit called Stealthy Draw. We will see how long that lasts.

http://www.stealthydraw.com/stealthy-draw.html
            I bought these back in May and its still holding strong! I'd buy them again but they come 4 in a pack so I have some for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
              I bought these back in May and its still holding strong! I'd buy them again but they come 4 in a pack so I have some for a while.
              That domain is for sale so might better come up with a plan B before you use the other 3 up

Comment

mole skin

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  That domain is for sale so might better come up with a plan B before you use the other 3 up
                  Amazon still has them and that’s where I got them from

Comment

https://www.scheels.com/p/qad-replac...unpaidlistings

If you draw your bow back and then nock your arrow it'll triple the life cycle of your felt.
                    Last edited by BowPro73; 12-22-2021, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
                      https://www.scheels.com/p/qad-replac...unpaidlistings

If you draw your bow back and then nock your arrow it'll triple the life cycle of your felt.

Bout time the camera man does more then hold a camera huh?!

Curious how yall are wearing the felt out so fast??Ive had my QAD rest for 7 or so years and never needed to replace mine yet. Although I was thinking of doing it this year, just because. But I might be rethinking that after this thread…. Seems maybe the new stuff might not be any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Curious how yall are wearing the felt out so fast??Ive had my QAD rest for 7 or so years and never needed to replace mine yet. Although I was thinking of doing it this year, just because. But I might be rethinking that after this thread…. Seems maybe the new stuff might not be any good.

I just bought a new bow and had an HDX put on back in early November. The adhesive on the felt really aint worth a dang and then the felt itself is starting to wear thin. I shoot about 20-25 arrows a day 4 days a week. My old bow I had a ripcord on it and the felt on it lasted 10 years. Heck I might just buy some felt from ripcord to put on my QAD.

Comment

I use fabric Teflon tape for vacuum sealers, you can get it on Amazon, it’s inexpensive and super quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

Same here, but I tie off near the tip of the launcher and make my way around with little overhand knots to the other tip. I use BCY 3D .016. I never have to mess with it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

this, or

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              Doesn't look like they improved the felt.

This will work better I bet.
                              https://www.amazon.com/Cir-Cut-Corpo...s=archery+felt
                              The above is good stuff.
                              I have used, don't laugh, a "Heavy Duty" bandaid cut to fit with excellent results.
                              Cheap, on hand, works great. Thank me later.

Comment

Working...
                              X