Primo Processing Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo Processing Recommendations

Looking to venture outside of the local San Antonio area and give Primo Processing in Hondo a try for my next deer.

For those of you that have had a deer processed there, how was your experience? And is there anything specific you'd recommend I have made?

Was thinking of just getting a little bit of everything made to see what I like and don't like, only downfall is that usually results in not much of each item.

Side note for those that may suggest this, I do not have the time or the patience to process it myself.

My friends all use Primos and love it. I brought an animal there this year and being that I live 5 hours away I asked them if they could hold onto it until my buddy would be going out to his ranch in 4-5 weeks and they said no problem. The following week they called to tell me it was ready and I said great my buddy would be there in 4 weeks to pick it up like discussed. They acted like this was not possible and tried to force shipping on me. The guy I was talking to was not the guy I originally talked to and I asked him to talk to who I had spoke with originally to clear it up. I also told him I would pay for half of it over the phone just to show that I would not leave it and never pick it up. He told me I could pay for it all or nothing. I told him I'd pay for half then or all when my friend picked it up. He continued to call several times a week over the next couple weeks asking when I would come get it. I finally told him I'm not hanging up until I speak with who I placed my original order with. Which he connected me and it was quickly worked out.

All this being said, the stuff I had made and have had from my friends that go there is top 3 deer processing I have had. I got bacon wrapped chop steaks, breakfast pan sausage, dried sausage and it is all great. I have since given out some packs of meat to several friends and they have already come back asking for more and the info on the place. It's definitely on the higher end pricing scale and there are 20 pound minimums for each thing you want to get made. The website isn't up to date with pricing or with the minimum pound per order.

Comment

Op…Last sentence is greatness. But they’ll say it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
        My friends all use Primos and love it. I brought an animal there this year and being that I live 5 hours away I asked them if they could hold onto it until my buddy would be going out to his ranch in 4-5 weeks and they said no problem. The following week they called to tell me it was ready and I said great my buddy would be there in 4 weeks to pick it up like discussed. They acted like this was not possible and tried to force shipping on me. The guy I was talking to was not the guy I originally talked to and I asked him to talk to who I had spoke with originally to clear it up. I also told him I would pay for half of it over the phone just to show that I would not leave it and never pick it up. He told me I could pay for it all or nothing. I told him I'd pay for half then or all when my friend picked it up. He continued to call several times a week over the next couple weeks asking when I would come get it. I finally told him I'm not hanging up until I speak with who I placed my original order with. Which he connected me and it was quickly worked out.

All this being said, the stuff I had made and have had from my friends that go there is top 3 deer processing I have had. I got bacon wrapped chop steaks, breakfast pan sausage, dried sausage and it is all great. I have since given out some packs of meat to several friends and they have already come back asking for more and the info on the place. It's definitely on the higher end pricing scale and there are 20 pound minimums for each thing you want to get made. The website isn't up to date with pricing or with the minimum pound per order.
        Good to know. Appreciate the info. I'm not too concerned with being able to pick everything up as it's on the way to my lease and not too far from San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          Op…Last sentence is greatness. But they’ll say it anyways.
          I had to throw it in there.

Comment

It takes me about 3 hours to get there. And I pass a LOT of processors along the way. Everything I have had made there turns out great. And the best part is that you get back YOUR meat. I've toured that whole place to see the process and how they guarantee you only get your meat. Very impressive!

Comment

Working...
            X