Scope suggestion for 22 Lr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope suggestion for 22 Lr.

I’m looking for suggestions for a scope for my Tikka 22 Lr. My budget is gonna be around $500, maybe 6 if needed. Would not hesitate on buying a Good used one. I’d prefer at least 24 power in the higher range. Mil dot type reticle. Biggest need is a variable objective- needs to adjustable down to minimum, of 15 yards. Lots of shooting will be done at less than 50 yards. Will eventually stretch that range out to 150, maybe 200 yards. Also, I think I’m set on FFP models.
    Looked at several of the used ones here, some good deals, but haven’t found one that I feel really good about. 30 or 34 mm tube is ok, if needed. Don’t really need illuminated reticle. This will be a bench rest type rifle for the most part-not too concerned with weight.
    Will consider upper Athlon, or Vortex models too.
    TIA

I have a Athlon Ares on my 22-250. I like it a lot and haven’t had any problems. It is FFP and 4.5-27. Only thing that is a little negative is the turrets are not as audible as I would like. But glass is clear.

Comment

I’m running an old school “good glass” Leopold 2x7 on my 22 and have zero complaints. Myself and my son were plinking out to 100yds a couple weekends back with it.

Comment

I have this on my custom Ruger 10-22 and it's great. Did a lot of research on this scope and it has great reviews. Good bit under your budget too.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don’t own any expensive scopes. But, here’s what I do have.
          Nikon Monarch 4-12
          Vortex Crossfire 8-24
          Vortex Crossfire 6-18
          Weaver v24 6-24
          Leopold 4-12
          Nikon Buckmaster 4-12
          Bushnell Banner 4-16
          Athlon 4-20 ( not sure which model)
          They are all ok scopes, mostly on Rimfires, and a few deer rifles. I want a scope better than all of these. Would an Athlon Ares be a huge Improvement over most of these? Found a used one for sale, but it’s $600!

Comment

i put a vortex venom 5-25x56 34mm on my bergara 22lr , it's $500 . other option would be the athlon (very similar specs), it's $450 . at that price it's what most people who shoot matches use .. you'll need a base with some cant to each out to 2-300 or you'll run out of elevation ..(that's why in went 34 mm tube as well)

i know these have enough adjustments to get there, not sure about other offerings .. the vortex also has 10 mil per rotation so you don't get lost or confused during a match on where you're at ...

my 2c.

Comment

if yo want to see that vortex. .. this is what it looks like [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbVkKyHi_Mw"]Side shot scope cam first test on Bergara b14 trainer 22lr! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                i put a vortex venom 5-25x56 34mm on my bergara 22lr , it's $500 . other option would be the athlon (very similar specs), it's $450 . at that price it's what most people who shoot matches use .. you'll need a base with some cant to each out to 2-300 or you'll run out of elevation ..(that's why in went 34 mm tube as well)

i know these have enough adjustments to get there, not sure about other offerings .. the vortex also has 10 mil per rotation so you don't get lost or confused during a match on where you're at ...

my 2c.
                Which Athlon are you referring to? The used one I’m thinking about is the Area BTR 4.5-27x50.

Comment

my bad the one I was thinking of in that price range is and arken ..
                  here is a quick comparison [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg8wY1jGewA"]Vortex Venom Vs Arken SH4 - Which is the BEST $500 Scope? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I went with the Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 in 4-12x40 on my T1X. I’m very happy with it. Clear glass, Mil Dot reticle, AO, and decent turrets. They made one in 6-18 as well

Comment

I found a Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50. Second Gen. Supposed to be good glass.

Comment

Im thinking Athlon or Arken will be the best bang for the buck.

Comment

I run the leupy 3-9x33efr or 4-14x4ao 1" tubes on my hunting rimfires...I don't like big glass for their application.

Comment

i just bought one ... could not pass it up for the $

Comment

Working...
                            X