Two firsts and a best!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two firsts and a best!

What a great couple of days we just had. Keep (Jim) and I went to the lease Sunday evening with our boys.
    His son Wyatt shot his first buck with a bow last weekend and we were trying to get Luke his first animal with a bow…pig, doe or buck….this trip.

No luck Sunday evening but Luke got his first bow kill pig Monday morning after having all kinds of problems getting to full draw in the cold on a doe earlier in the sit. It’s was an awesome shot and worth the wait! The pig went about 60 yards with a Ray Charles blood trail absolutely pumping blood out the sides.

No luck Monday evening but what a heck of a Tuesday morning! Right at first light a big buck came in trailing a doe. We had him on camera a couple times and Jim saw him briefly the evening before. This was the only deer I told Luke he didn’t get to shoot if he came in. [emoji41] The .243 barked right at first legal light (my shoulder is jacked up so I’m rifle hunting now). My best deer ever!

I bet it hadn’t been 20 minutes after the shot when Luke’s buck came in from the left. He circled the pen and jumped in. Luke wasted no time getting drawn (easily this time), settled his pen, waited for the deer to get slightly quartering away and take a step…then let it fly!

It was a great shot and we watched him fall about 40 yards away. The pig and deer were both shot with the Gravedigger broadheads after seeing Fishindude’s last hunt. Very impressive!

All in all it was a great hunt with the boy and we got to share it with great friends! Priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pig video...

Deer video...

Comment

That’s some memory making stuff right there

Comment

Awesome. Congrats all around

Comment

Congrats to everyone!

Comment

Congrats to y’all.

Comment

Great hunt, congrats !

Comment

Heck yea! Congrats - that's what it is all about.

Comment

Fantastic hunt to be part of. The whole trip couldn’t have been better.
                  Alan gets his biggest deer and Luke lays down 2 firsts with 2 outstanding shots.
                  Also fun to see these boys hunting together again, been a while between different deer leases and sports.

Comment

Heck of a morning, congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats all the way around!

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt!

Comment

Dang!!!! Congrats to all

Comment

Congrats all around

Comment

Awesome, congrats!